Chapter 6: Ice Cream

(Y/N)'s POV

I couldn't believe Travis did that. I just swam in place, wide eyed, while Travis was just laughing like crazy. After just being there for a few minutes while he continued to laugh, I started to head towards the ladder so I could climb out, but then I heard Travis say, "Awww, why are you getting out, the fun has only began." He said while still laughing quietly to himself.

"You call that fun?! If you didn't realize that was quite the opposite of fun! Have fun swimming alone." I said angrily.

I had experienced a time when I've almost drowned, and being pulled down in the pool brought back those terrible memories. Soon after stomping away I heard footsteps coming up behind me quickly. I knew exactly who it was, and I didn't really want to talk to him, but I knew I had no choice. He lightly grabbed my shoulder and turned me around. I knew he was trying to not hurt me, but he had grabbed the shoulder that a huge bruise, and winced in pain,a and I could tell Travis had saw.

"Look, (Y/N), I didn't mean to make you mad or hurt you. I was only trying to surprise you and have some fun with you in the pool. Also, I didn't mean to grab the shoulder with a bruise, I would never hurt you intentionally. I may be a flirt, but I do know how to treat a lady." Travis said while looking at my eyes, then the floor, then back to me.

I could see the honesty in his eyes and turned a light shade of pink. I can't stay mad at him, he's too sweet. And as much as hate to admit it..... I like him, a lot.

"It's alright Travis, I understand. Now for what you've done, you must pay, and the only reasonable thing I can think of is to buy ice cream." I said with an innocent smile. Might as well get free food if I can.

He started to laugh and said, "Anything, if it means we can still be friends, especially for a cute girl, just like yourself." He said trying to flatter me.

"Thanks for the compliment Travis, but I'm definitely nowhere close to being beautiful. I'm the opposite, ugly." I said while looking down into the water next to us, and seeing my body again. How can he think I'm cute, when I have all these cuts and bruises all over my body? I thought to myself while I was looking down and letting a few tears escape.

Travis lifted his hand up to my chin and pulled my face up so he could look into my eyes, and said, " Hey, don't think just because your body has cuts and bruises all over the place, that you're not beautiful. You may look different on the outside, but on the inside you have a kind and beautiful heart, which makes you beautiful on the outside as well." He said sounding so truthful.

"Thank you Travis." I said while giving him a hug.

"No problem (Y/N). Now let's go get that ice cream." He said with a big smile.

"Okay, but how do you think we will get there? I don't know about you, but I would rather not walk all the way to town to get ice cream." I said with curiosity.

"Don't worry, I have my car out in the parking lot. Its a green 1998 Chevy Malibu, and yeah, I know she's old, but she's my baby, and the first car I've ever owned." He said, the way he explained it seemed like he's had people make comments about his car in the past. I don't really mind though, in my mind as long as a car runs it good with me. I'm not too big with all the car stuff, I'm more into other things.

"Now let's go get that ice cream!" Travis said while hopping into the car.

"Um, I don't mean to be a downer, but don't you think we should get into some real clothes first." I asked him.

"Oh yeah we probably should. We'll change then meet up so we can get some ice cream." He planned out.

~~~~Time Skip~~~~

After about 15 minutes, we had made it to cold stone, and we didn't feel like making our own ice cream so we ordered some signature creations. I ordered the Birthday Cake Remix, and he ordered the chocolate devotion.

 I ordered the Birthday Cake Remix, and he ordered the chocolate devotion

(Birthday Cake Remix)

(Chocolate Devotion)

"Hey, (Y/N), after we're done here would you like to hang out at the arcade?" Travis asked me.

"I would love to, but I'd rather go home after this if you don't mind." I said not m.

"No it's fine, I just thought I would ask." He said looking down.

"I didn't mean to upset you." I said trying to make sure he wasn't angry at me.

"(Y/N),I said it was fine, let's just start going" he said while throwing away the rest of his ice cream and walking out the door. I followed him out and got in the car. The ride home was filled with an awkward silence, and once we reach home, I jumped out and ran into the house, feeling upset with myself for making Travis angry at me. I ran downstairs to the basement and jumped into my bed and cried myself to sleep.

Thank you for reading this chapter, and I'm still open to any advice to help my writing.

Bai!