Institution Of Instincts

Good instincts usually tell you what to do before your head has figured it out. 

                                                      Michael Burke.

Dressed in a pale blue jeans and a yellow see through shirt, Udit made his way towards the class after two days with the care taker tagging along on his right side. His steps were hesitant whilst his features were hard and troubled. He didn't knew how he will face everyone after his outburst because he refused to attend any class, since the second he stepped out of the room after lashing at Karishma. 

Seeing his trembling state, the head permitted him rest for the time being but now that he was supposed to face his own battles, it was like an Impossible task for him.

Every fiber in him was aware of the horrible feelings that rose in his chest, when he was forced to listen to Karishma's confession but he never knew he was going to show his vulnerability through his cruel words at her. The whole night that day, he stayed awake, the incidence playing in his mind, and he had to conclude finally that he was scared.

Scared to reveal his pain infront of all. He never wanted anything a little support from his loved ones, but the thought of being the topic of attention infront of unknown people due to his tragic fate, made him uncomfortable and frighten his soul which never recovered from the trauma of his horrible accident and the events that followed thereafter.

"Udit, come take your seat". He heard the female voice, and without a doubt, he recognized it as his instructor, Sheena from the other day.

"I will go now, Sir. If you need anything, tell Ma'am". The care taker instructed and nodding Udit took two steps inside and stood in the middle, not knowing where to go.

"Udit, do you remember your way to the seat where you sat last time?" Sheena inquired seeing his curious and confused expression. He nodded a no, making her sigh, and without a doubt, she knew that he needed extra push. He was enclosed in a shell and until he breaks those walls around him, he was a tough nut to crack.

He was sweating for some reason which didn't go unnoticed by Sheena, but understanding his restlessness, she took steps forward towards him and assured, "Don't worry. I won't ask you anything. You can relax".

Immediately a tired sigh escaped his lips and he nodded making her smile at his calm composure now.

"Is she not here?" He asked in a low feeble tone, as Sheena seated him on his place.

A curious expression crossed her face, as she scrutinized the anxious look of the male infront of her. She could feel some unusual vibes between them, because she herself witnessed the tension on Karishma's face, when he wasn't around.

It was strange that sometimes it takes eternity to create an ever lasting bond with someone, but there are times when two strangers who share the same pain get intertwined with the other in just a second.

"She as in Karishma?" Sheena still inquired wanting to gauge his reaction on hearing her name which was positive as she could see his tensed features softening at that very moment.

He nodded in affirmation biting his lower lip at his sudden intrusion about the girl with whom he quarrelled since the second they met. But deep down, he knew that he felt something stirring inside him with just her voice, and the similar happened as her sweet voice reached his ears.

"May I come in?"

"You may come in, Karishma and don't forget to meet your friend. Someone was missing you". Sheena permitted teasing her, as she took her place on her own without Sheena's assistance.