Fifteen- 24 Hours

My jaw dropped and I nearly had to pinch myself when I saw the little boy sitting on my bed.

"CHLOE!" He yelled as he jumped from the bed and sprinted over to me.

"Jackson, oh my god! Jack, what... How..." I picked up my little brother and hugged him, tears of joy forming as I held him.

"It was a surprise! Were you surpriseded?" Jackson asked. I chuckled at how he mispronounced his word.

"I am surprised. I'm so happy you're here! How long have you been here?" I asked. I hadn't seen Jackson in over nine months now. It felt like I was dreaming.

"We've been here for ageeeesssss!" The boy whined, dragging out his words for effect. It made me laugh.

"Wait, are mum and dad here?" I asked.

"Happy birthday Chlo." I heard my dads voice from behind me.

I spun around, Jackson still in my arms, to see my mum and dad standing there. I put Jackson down and ran over to my parents, hugging them. I didn't have the best of relationships with them but they were here now and that's all that mattered.

Wait, they're here...

"What are you guys doing here? I thought you couldn't get time off of work?" I asked, realising the sadness I was feeling leading up to my birthday because I thought they wouldn't be here.

"We had this time booked off for months now. We couldn't miss your 18th. That's a big moment sweetheart." My mum said.

"H-how long are you staying?" I almost didn't want to know the answer. Because most likely, they'd be leaving in a few days.

"We're not leaving until after New Years." My dad informed me.

"But that's like a couple of months away yet?" I said. I was sure they wouldn't be staying here for a few months, they normally don't even have time for a phone call, let alone a three month trip back home.

"Well, you're graduation is coming up, so we're staying for that. Then it'll be Christmas anyway, which we would have been coming down for anyway, as well as Jacksons birthday is coming up, and it seemed to make sense that we might as well just stay here for a few months. Spend some time as a family." Dad explained.

"I'm so happy you're all here." I said as I hugged mum and dad again. I felt Jackson run up and join our group hug.

"We're happy to be back with you as well." Mum said.

"Now, we'll have time to catch up soon, but your friends have organised that we're all going to dinner. So you need to get ready." My dad said.

"Wait, just let me hug you guys for a minute. I haven't seen you in months." I said.

"Of course sweet." Mum said.

"Wait, did my friends know you were coming?" I asked.

"Yeah, they're the ones who helped us get here without you knowing." Dad said.

"Those little shits knew all along..." I said more to myself than anyone.

"Language." My dad frowned.

"Sorry." I laughed.

...

I got changed out of my school clothes into what the girls had already picked out for me.