He had to be lying about not remembering her, right?

"Yes, has she apologized for hitting you yet?" Fazad changed the subject, eyeing Azade with the side of his eye. She pretended not to hear, avoiding Fazad's gestures to apologize completely.

"I'm afraid she did not." Rukun smirked, a quite familiar gesture of his. Azade froze for a moment recognizing the action, having to remind herself that he wasn't threatening her yet.

"Won't you apologize, dear sister?"

Azade turned to Fazad to glare at him only to be met with urgent eyes. They both were staring at her intently, waiting for her to speak. "I don't believe I have anything to apologize for."

"How so?"

"How so? You whi—" Azade could barely get a sentence out before Fazad interrupted her. "Rukun, don't you have a meeting to attend? I would hate to have held you up on such uncourteous matters." He nodded to the confused King, who seemed to be gazing bullets into Azade.

"Of course, I'm sure your sister would like to explain to me why I deserved a slap at the breakfast tomorrow?" Rukun nodded stiffly at Azade, his warm energy still slightly there. Hoping she would agree to come.

"Of course." Fazad answered before she could reject, watching as Rukun seemed content with the answer and left in a blaze of shock.

Azade watched as he walked briskly down the hall, his tight robs flowing behind his tall stature as he walked. She watched him leave until he was out of sight, able to let her eyes wander off of him.

"You're an idiot."

Azade turned to Fazad, "Excuse me? I'm not the one lying and saying I'm your sister!" She curled her fists and watched as the dark haired boy pursed his lips at her.

"You understand nothing."

"What exactly do I not understand? All of a sudden he comes here acting like he doesn't know me, and you try and cover for him!"

"The Rukun you met today isn't the on that visits you at night."

"What?" Azade stepped back in shock, the statement couldn't be true. How could someone lead a double life? Not knowing the brutal events that occurred the night before?

But it all made sense, how Rukun would always leave before the sun could rise. How he always told her how he couldn't kill her in the morning.

The revelation made Azade weak; but assured her of something greater.

"How?" She whispered, Fazad looking unfazed as he stepped away. "That isn't any of your worry, keep this information to yourself when you are around him or you'll ruin everything."

Azade raised an eyebrow. "He threatens me every single night, how am I supposed to not want to know why?"

"He threatens all of us at night, in case you haven't noticed." Fazad turned on his feet making his way towards the exit down the hall.

"And Azade?"

"What?"

"Don't let Rukun fall in love with you."