{Chapter 5} I Am Not Just Your Little Puppet

Start from the beginning

“So he really doesn’t like me then eh?” Sasuke said to you with a little laugh in his voice as you swerved in and out of trees that were lined up beside the road. You laughed and nodded.

“Yeah Takeshi’s like WAY over protective. But don’t worry. He’ll probably warm up to you sooner or later.... maybe...” You stopped swerving and walked beside Sasuke down the road. He looked at you softly and smiled. You smiled back and hummed to yourself. “Hey, um, isn’t that Sakura and Ino up ahead..?” You blinked then growled. ‘Great. I was hoping I wouldn’t have to deal with them today.’ You thought while looking away with disgust.

“Shizuri... can I try something..?” Sasuke whispered in your ear. You blinked and raised your eyebrow at this, but nodded none the less. Sasuke put his arm around you and walked by the two girls then kissed your cheek. Sakura and Ino’s mouths dropped and they gave you the dirtiest look in the world. You stayed like that until you were out of sight from the two girls and fell over laughing.

“That was great!” You laughed while holding your stomach as Sasuke leaned against a wall laughing as well. You two had turned into an ally to get out of their sight.

‘What is with Sasuke and ally ways?’ You thought then shrugged it off. Sasuke had stopped laughing and was staring at you with a small smile on his face. You smiled back cautiously and grabbed Sasuke’s hand to help you up.

“C’mon. We’re going to be late for the chunin exams.” He smiled and let go of your hand. You were a little surprised because Sasuke usually liked to hold your hand, but you were a bit thankful that he didn’t.

“Sasuke..?” You mumbled quietly and he looked at you curiously.

“Yes..?”

“Thanks for being my friend.” You smiled. He nodded smiling back, though what you really wanted to say was ‘thanks for just being my friend, nothing more.’

Adira’s P.O.V

You were still trying to calm Takeshi down while you got the rest of your stuff together, until you heard a knock at the door.

“Guess who it is Takeshi...” You muttered monotonously as you went to the door. Takeshi jumped over you and opened the door with a charming smile.

“Why hello Temari. How are you today?” Temari and her two younger brothers stood at the door. She rolled her eyes and looked away with her hand on her hip.

“Hey Gaara!” You smiled and waved at Gaara from behind Takeshi. He looked at you and nodded in return.

“Okay well are you guys ready? We’re heading to the exams now.” Temari spoke as both you and your older brother nodded.

“Hey um.. where’s Shizuri?” Kankuro muttered as you looked at Takeshi. He seemed to be too distracted by Temari to notice.

“She’s walking to the exams with Sasuke...” Just because you tried to calm Takeshi down about that matter does not mean you were happy about it. You still didn’t like Sasuke, but because Shizuri was happy being friends with him, you just dealt with it. Kankuro’s face dropped a little but he didn’t show it too much. “Okay anyways lets go now. We don’t want to be late.” You smiled and walked beside Gaara as Takeshi chirped along happily to Temari.

Kankuro’s P.O.V

“She’s walking to the exams with Sasuke...” Adira muttered, seeming unhappy about that.

“Oh...” You said more to yourself. You walked alone on our way to the exams behind Adira and Gaara and Temari and Takeshi. Usually you’d be with Shizuri, but apparently she found someone else to walk with. You realized that you were getting mad about it and had a big urge to show Sasuke up. Why is that?