13 ; SQUARED ROCKS ☼

Start from the beginning

"But you're barely moving," Kakashi pointed out, as she yawned yet again.

"That's the price I have to pay," she shrugged, before suddenly stopping. "The clone that trained with Asuma is back," she smiled widely. "He had to go to his team, and guess what?"

"What?" Kakashi rolled his eyes, expecting a silly response.

"We did it! The clone figured the right technique out."

"Show me then," Kakashi pressed, making the girl smile, raising her hand. The air around them started twirling dangerously, the center, having a small ball of chakra there, hovering a few centimeters above her hand. "Damage?"

"Let's see," she grinned, turning to a tree. As she hit it, the tree broke, small pieces going everywhere from the strong wind.

"Hmm, quite a good blow," Kakashi said. 

"It's pretty good, isn't it?" Kakashi nodded, and the three team members turned to watch them, eyeing the broken wood strangely.

"WHAT DID YOU TWO DO THIS TIME?!" 

"Nothing," the two blinked innocently.

Sakura glared at Kakashi and Ushio, "I swear, Ushio, you become more and more like Kakashi, it's creepy."

"I don't see it," the two replied flatly.

"Creepy," Naruto repeated, and Ushio blinked, confused.

"You guys are so weird," she waved off.

"Ya," Kakashi agreed flatly. "They are."

"Team work's been lacking lately."

"Yeah."

"IT'S YOUR FAULT, SASUKE!" Naruto screamed at Sasuke, making Ushio sigh. Ever since they came back from Wave, the three turned much louder- and annoying.

"I'm getting much too old," Kakashi pointed out.

"That's you, dobe," Sasuke spoke. "If you don't want to owe me anything, you just need to... become stronger than me."

"Honestly, an eleven years old is more mature than you two," Ushio pointed out, making the two thirteen years old turn and glare. She was willing to risk her so-called future husband for the two to stop bickering. A common enemy.

"Wait, eleven?" Sakura's eyes suddenly widened, "you've had your birthday! And we completely forgot!"

Ushio's face turned pale, she knew what would happen. Sakura would force her into a party she wasn't interested in. 

"Well," Kakashi spoke as a hawk circled above the team. "I'm off to submit the mission report--" the hawk suddenly dove down, and the four cringed away while Ushio smiled.

"Mr. Hawk! Helloooo," she greeted, and it landed on her shoulder. "I don't think we've met before, my name is Ushio, and you are? Ahh, Bolt! That's a very nice name, don't you think so, Naruto? It's so nice to meet a new friend, Bolt."

"What the hell," the four sweatdropped. The hawk turned to give them an evil eye, before turning back to Ushio, rubbing its beak against her cheek.

"Isn't he cute?!" she turned to them with a huge smile, and they all nodded nervously.

He was anything but.

"Well, I'm off now!" Kakashi said, poofing away, not before muttering a "good luck, you'll need it," to the three students that cowered away.

"What's with Ushio and animals anyway?" Sakura wondered, and the three recalled each time the girl's been chased by animals who only wished to show her affection. It happened, surprisingly, a lot. Was it really normal?

"Well, I'm heading home," Sasuke said nervously, slightly creeped out by the hawk's eyes that watched him. 

"Sasuke, maybe we could go together somewhere--" Sakura started, before being shot down.

"You're the same as Naruto, not interested." Sakura seemed heartbroken for a moment, "if you have time to bother me, go train. Actually... you're even worse than Naruto."

"Mr. Bolt!" Ushio said, admiring the bird. "Do you think I should eat a soup tonight?" She nodded, as the hawk chirped. "You're right, I should become a vegan!"

"Wait what--"

"You're right, Mr. Hawk, it really is weird. It does look like they're in love and in denial..."

"Who are you talking about?!"

Ushio laughed, "Mr. Hawk, that's evil! I'll tell them when it's time."

"What are you talking about with the Hawk?" Naruto glared.

"Mr. Hawk thinks that you and Sasuke are in love and in denial," she informed, pointing to the two boys who seemed terrified at that notion. "And that I should be a vegan," she pointed towards herself before turning to Sakura. "And that Sakura's got all qualities to be a medic nin, and that both of you should train in taijutsu since you are both physically weak." She finished with a grin aimed to Naruto and Sakura, who blushed.

"WHAT!?"

They all glared at the hawk, who seemed victorious and smug on Ushio's shoulder. He nibbled at her cheek a second, before preparing to take off.

"Oh, Mr. Hawk has to leave. Bye bye Bolt!" she waved as it flew away, and before long she turned back to her team, seeing Sasuke was gone.

And instead, stood a squared rock.

WORD COUNT: 1360

EDITED