"The media is a more powerful force in its own way than any government, Tracy." Julian said now, turning slowly back to the window, his eyes red-rimmed, but not from crying, from lack of sleep. She blinked.

These thoughts meant coming out of herself--- returning from the overwhelming feeling inside her own life, to focusing on Julian's needs. She glanced at Richard Mann. Maybe his needs, too.

"Yeah, we've always known that. It took a while, but we do have a voice, a large part of society listens to the voices of their idols. It's a huge responsibility to be that voice. What exactly are you guys thinking, and----." She held up her hand to ward off a hurried reply. "Why are you together?"

Richard passed her on his way back to the chair he'd used to rest on while he played guitar. He picked up the brand new Yamaha acoustic electric guitar he'd been picking and resumed, not looking up. "We're together because we've been together since we met a couple of years ago on The Egg."

Tracy blinked, trying to recall Julian mentioning anything about The Egg. She caught the glance they threw at each other--- a small in the know recollection.

Julian went to the piano, one foot up on the bench as he let his fingers wander over the keys in time with Richard's picking. Neither of them answered for a minute, and as used as she was to Jules going off on a creative endeavor without her, his eyes half closed as he listened, she didn't have that experience of Richard. It wasn't her image of him--- playboy actor that he was.

Richard slapped the body of his guitar. "In Bishopstone, between Eastbourne and Brighton. We both went to see the nonexistent tide-mills built in the 16th century and later, by William Catt and others to harness the incredible power of the sea."

Taken aback, she just stared and finally went to sit beside Julian, her back to him, but feeling his body against her backside comfortingly. Julian was from England. It wasn't unusual that he would be touring there.

"And om.... Now you want to harness the incredible power of the media? What do you want to do?"

"Have a Pepper's reunion benefit concert." Julian breathed, still playing, never missing a beat, not looking at her, not reacting to her stiffening posture at all.

If it had been Casey beside her she'd have declined instantly, vehemently.

Now she just sat there, staring at Richard, feeling the movement of Jules' hands as he poured out a beautiful melody.

"It would be big--- raise money and awareness of the incident and help those who lost husbands and fathers, brothers."

"Pepper's reunion?" She mumbled low. "Why not just a benefit concert and ask anybody who wanted to come, to come."

"Agreed." Richard said and stopped playing again to look at her. "But we thought having the concert be a reunion might bring significantly larger media attention to it. Thereby, sending the message overseas that the eyes of the world are on them-- and mass killing won't be tolerated."

She sniffed and turned to lean her face against Julian's neck, eventually turning enough to add her hand under his and mess around with his melody. He pushed her away, and she persevered until he stopped and her tinkling music went on with Richard's picking.

"When?"

"Austin has a place in Park City, Utah, up near Heber, on the ski slopes. There's a resort nearby in Deer Valley that could host the venue and create a suitable atmosphere for the reunion."

"Thanksgiving." Julian said.

"I'm having Thanksgiving at Mom and Dad's here in HB."

He shrugged. "Or you can do the world a huge favor and lend your talents to my cause."