"Kendall, come join us for dinner." Her father said, disregarding her rude response as he started to head back into the dining room.

"I think I might just take a long bath." She, as much as it killed her, politely declined her father's request.

"Don't be ridiculous, I want you to meet the Archers and witness how business actually works." Her father said, causing Kendall to glare at her father. "Not to mention, Henry Archer attended Cambridge...not that it's any better than say, Yale or Columbia."

"Fine." She said, giving in to the idea of discussing her dream college and avoiding an argument with her father in front of a noisy stranger. "Let me get changed."

A mere fifteen minutes later, Kendall had joined her father and his guests at the dining table. She adjusted the waist of her fitted white jeans before sitting down, her father to her left at the end of the table, Clarissa to her right and Wesley and his parents across the table from her.

This was the ultimate recipe for disaster.

"So Kendall how was school?" Clarissa asked her as they were being served their dinner, but Kendall's mind was focused on the boy sitting at her table, clad with a strange accent. Newcomers were always interesting at Ridgeman Prep. It was amazing what first impressions could distinguish and determine about one's character—and in Wesley's regard, he was a dangerous one. Kendall just needed to figure out what his ambitions were when it came to social climbing. 

"Kendall," her father called, "Clarissa just asked you a question."

"Swell." She answered abruptly, picking her glass of water up before sipping it.

"For God's sake, Kendall, can't you utter more than a word?"

"Fine," Kendall replied leaning back slightly into her chair, "it was brilliant, Clarissa." Her father gave her a disapproving look, but she continued, locking her gaze with Clarissa's, "A rank 3 girl tumbled down her very short social ladder, Max in physics choked on his strawberry gum, a girl tripped up the stairs and the only person who achieved full marks in the French pop quiz was me." 

She rolled her eyes, tearing her gaze away from her father's unimpressed one. Directly opposite of her, Wesley was stifling a laugh as he shook his head and dished himself some mashed potatoes. His mother, however, noticed and slapped the back of his head lightly in an attempt to hush him. "Manners." She scolded quietly. 

Wesley scoffed softly and turned his face away to face Kendall's. He threw her a smirk, receiving a scowl in return and a roll of her eyes. Wesley laughed, catching the attention of his father and Kendall's who were engaged in a conversation about the contract they were about to sign.

"Something the matter, son?" His father asked him.

Wesley chuckled, shrugging his broad shoulders before nodding towards Kendall, looking her directly in the eye, causing a feeling of uneasiness to develop in the pit of her stomach. "You're eyes are about to roll out of their sockets."

She glared at him, wondering what the hell his problem was.

"Wesley!" His mother gasped disapprovingly.

Yes, Kendall thought, if that was my son I'd be appalled too.

"I don't see the problem, I wouldn't have to look at you for any longer." She hissed back.

Wesley let out another deep chuckle, causing the hairs on Kendall's arms to stand on end, "I suppose I'll have to go compose myself in the loo now, I think I might cry."