Chapter Thirteen

Chapter Thirteen

I think it's safe to say, we didn't end up going to Double A's that night.

With two people barley being able to stand (me being one of them) and everyone bruised and bloody, no one was really in the mood.

But the last thing I remember was passing out. Then, I woke up in strong muscular arms.

I looked up to stare face to face with none other then Malcolm Easthom himself.

"What are you doing?" I asked startling him and the others. "Carrying you home," he stated simply the way a kid might say 'I'm going to have a snack.'

"Why?" I inquired. Not that I was complaining.
"She's up!" exclaimed Nicolas.
"How long was I out?" I wondered out loud. Nicolas checked his iPhone that received a cracked screen at the fight. "Three minutes," he replied.

"We were all really worried," said Jake.
"Malcolm told us what happened," stated Nicolas with distain.
"I swear, I'll kill him," grumbled Leo being supported by Jake.
"Leave a price of him for me, will you?" asked Nicolas.

"I'm so sorry Rory, all this is my fault," apologized Leo.

"No it's not!" I exclaimed. "If anything, it's mine. I butted in an then . . . And then that," I said awkwardly not wanting to recall the fact that The Worlds Biggest Jerk had, had kissed me. Ugh.

"I'm sorry guys, if it wasn't for me, none of this would have happened," I apologized.

"Rory, it's not your fault. I threw the first punch," Leo said softly.

I wasn't in the mood to argue so I stated silent until we reached the house. "You can put me down now," I offered, referring to Malcolm. "Rory, you could barley stand ten miners ago," he argued.

Okay, yes, I liked having Malcolm carry me, and yes, my heart was running a marathon and my stomachs was doing a little gymnastics routine, but if I walked, er, was carried, into thy house, I can garuntee I would be pegged as the little girl who needed to be looked after. the same title I was pegged with five years ago.

"Please," I persuaded. Malcolm sighed. "Fine. But hang onto me for support," he commanded. Not a problem, I thought.

Malcolm put me down and I felt a little wobbly but grabbed onto him for support. The five of us truffled into the house knowing hell was waiting for us there.

"MALCOLM ANDREW EASTHOM! LEONARD JONATHAN! GET YOUR SORRY BUTT OVER HERE RIGHT THIS DAMN INSTANT!" bellowed Mrs. Easthom as soon as we were through the door.

We all cringed knowing this was only the beginning, and Mrs. Easthom yelling is certainty not a new sight to me. We got into trouble many times before, but this was by far the worst.

"NICOLAS XAVIER NEMRUKA! AND JACCOB ZACHARY! YOU ARE IN SO MUCH TROUBLE!" bellowed Mrs. Nemruka.

Honestly, I half expected my mother to emerge from the staircase in front of the steps and join the yelling mothers party.

The dads came down and we were ushered into the kitchen.

"What on earth were you thinking!?" screamed Mrs. Easthom.
"I know, it was stupid, Mom-" Leo started.
"Don't you say 'you know'! You don't! We could be sued! You could have died! And look at you! All bloody and hurt! and taking Rory with you! I'm so ashamed," by now Mrs. Nemruka had just about yelled all of the energy out of her.

The dads stayed silent, they obviously knew this was far from over and valued their life enough not to interrupt a mother's rant.

Mrs. Easthom just looked pained. "Malcolm, I thought you were past this feud," she said sadly.
"It wasn't his fault, Mom," Leo interjected, speaking up.
"What?" she asked.
"It was mine. I threw the first punch," Leo confessed.
"But- but Leo, why?" Mrs. Nemruka questioned.
He stayed silent. We all did. No one wanted to explain the situation.

"Well?" Demanded Mr. Nemruka.
Leo, Nicolas, Jake, Malcolm, and I looked at the hard wood mahogany floor, unable to say what had happened.

"Come on kids, spit it out," Commanded Mr. Easthom.

You're going to have to tell someone eventually Rory, said that tiny little voice. I took a deep breath and said, "Calvin kissed me."

I might as well have said, 'let's rome the streets naked' based on the reaction they gave me.

"What?" cried Mrs. Easthom. "Did he hurt you?" questioned Mrs. Nemruka.

"He hit her when he was trying to hit me," Malcolm explained.
The room went silent.

"He's going to die," muttered Leo.

"Ethan, Nathaniel, go out to town and get some ice packs for the kids," instructed Mrs. Easthom. "Joan, try and help the boys, I want to have a word with Rory."

Oh joy.