Chapter fourteen

Chapter fourteen

Crap.

This wasn't good.

I followed her into the family room prepared for an extreme motherly yelling. And to be told to pack my bags.

"I'll leave whenever you want me to," I blurted out.

She turned around suddenly. "Leave?" she questioned. "Why would I ask you to leave?"
"Because I caused the fight," I said miserably.

"Rory, I don't know what happened. And if you don't want to tell me yet, I understand. But I just want you to know, this wasn't your fault. This feud between Malcolm and Calvin has been going on for four years. It was only a matter of time before one of them snapped."

"Malcolm's held a grudge for four years over a girl?" I inquired.

"Calvin was never a good kid. He was Malcolm gone bad. I assume you know what happened with Annalise ?" she paused.
I nodded.

"That wasn't all that happened. Now, the boys will never tell you this, but, Malcolm and Calvin had a little competition that was to competitive. Annalise was icing on the cake for that one."

I sat on the sued baise couch stumped taking it all in. So it wasn't my fault? I wasn't to blame that everyone got hurt and could have possibly died?

"Rory, I understand this has been a very, um eventful day, but maybe you should go take a shower and then we'll talk some more. Can I just ask one thing, did he hit you?"

I nodded. "He was going to hit Malcolm in the back of the head and I pulled him down and to the side dodging the wooden blank. It hit me instead."

Then she surprised me and pulled me into a hug. "If you ever want to talk about anything, you can always come to me," she said.

We pulled away and I smiled. "Thank you," I said gratefully. I turned away to go upstairs and take my shower when she said, "Rory, one more thing, be expecting your mother's call."

I groaned and walked up the steps thinking about everything she had just said.

When I walked into my room, the suitcase was still open from when I was attempting to unpack. Quickly, I grabbed my shampoo, conditioner, and soap from one of my suitcases and walked into the bathroom, shutting the door behind me with a creak.

All I could think about was the fact that Malcolm and Calvin ha a feud with each other for four flipping years. Seriously, who keeps a feud for that long? I'm a girl and I don't even do that!

And Leo. He threw the first punch. Why? I part of me wondered. But the other part of me didn't want to know.

But the fact that Calvin had kissed me stood out above all others. Calvin had kissed me. On the lips. In front of my crush. The freaking jerk kissed me!

Just fan- freaking- tabulous.

~>~>~>~>

Once in my room after my shower, I checked me phone and saw 19 missed calls from mom and 32 voicemails. Well I think it's safe to assume that Mrs. Easthom had told her.

Not even bothering to listen to the voicemails, I dials her number and he picked up on the first ring.

"ARORUA ELIZABETH ANDERSON!" she screeched, using my full name which I loathed unconditionally. "WHY ON EARTH DIDN'T YOU CALL ME WHEN THIS FIRST HAPPENED?! PLEASE TELL ME HE DID NOT RAPE YOU BECAUSE YOU ARE GETTING AN ABORTION IF HE DID! That bastard is getting sued if its the last thing I do . . ." She trailed, probably forgetting I was even there.