Chapter 2

"Julianne! Have you heard anything about the new boss?" Regina inquisitively asked over a cup of coffee during lunch break. The news had been the latest gossip Rock hands Ltd that the owner had sold off having run into huge debts. She had been part of the firm for a couple of years and the sudden change of power wasn't comfortable with her.
"Not much. But what I did hear is that he's a handsome bite!" Gina couldn't resist eyeing her colleague. They were quite close but she had had it with these sort of set ups she knew was running through Julianne's mind.
"Shame on you Julianne,you are supposed to be a loyal married woman." She added with a tease
"I'm loyal okay? But that doesn't mean I can't admire and by the way I wasn't looking for me but for you."
"Oh no! Please tell me Stacy didn't send you to me!"
"My dear, you need to move further in life, I mean you are professional in your job. Why not become a wife so that you can succeed in that area too?"
"I get your point. But I'm not looking for such. Besides I've got Raymond and my job and that's enough for me."
"Okay! The new boss will be coming in next week. His assistant already passed me the news and his agenda for the first meeting. He will be reviewing the company." Regina nodded at her words but she knew Julianne had intentionally changed the topic because she was upset about her stubborn decision.
"Next week? Wow! Well I'm guessing the account department will have a presentation to make."
"As long as you all did your jobs well, there will be no one leaving, because I heard the new boss is a strict business man." Julianne retorted flipping her hair to emphasise.
"Hmmm...I'm so worn out with all these processes, times like these make me want to own my own company."

****
Damn! Times like this made him Want to pump in so much caffeine into his system. He was already heading for his third cup of coffee just at noon. Buying a new company, running a new company was all part of his plan but running it this early was an adjustment he didn't like. Well fate had its own plans. He had opted to stay back at Abuja till the manger he hoped to deploy to Port-Harcourt to settle things in for him called in sick. He was about to order when he was interrupted by a laughter, a very unique feminine laughter, very natural and rich in its essence. The laughter that he hadn't been able to bury with the ghosts of his past. He turned to see its source and was taken aback with shock. No! It can't be her he thought to himself, maybe just a look alike,maybe___
"Excuse me sir you want to order something?' The waitress asked impatiently
"Em...uhm yeah. I'll take two cups of coffee thank you."
*****

The cafeteria was buzzing with life as the staff chatted and cooled off during lunch break,so much so that all were taken by surprise when Jane the receptionist rushed in in slight panic.
"Gentle men and ladies,there will be an emergency meeting for all executives at the board room now." She finally stuttered
"Why? It's lunch break!" The workers could not help but murmur in amazement.
"The new boss has arrived." She replied shaking her head in a knowing manner.
This news had everyone rushing away abandoning their lunch for their departments and to the board room, hearts beating, anxiety at its peak.
"This man is sure unpredictable" Regina couldn't help let out to Julianne as they both walked to the board room.
"I told you he was a strict business man,it's just like them to make unannounced entrances."

***
With everyone seated,the mysterious new boss who had backed all,facing the huge window that gave a posh view of PH city turned in his chair to face the workers with a strong no nonsense face.
Regina couldn't explain her reaction but as she tried to catch a glimpse of him, the hair at the back of her neck Rose. Once she saw his face fully, the reason hit her. She couldn't believe it. After all these years, just when her life was back on track he just had to come back I to it. No! He wasn't back into her life,she decided instantly. Just back into the world she lived in.
He stood up to address the people while Regina was still in shock.
"I know you all are shocked at my early appearance but it was a matter of fate not of choice. As you all know, this company was going down the drain but for my investment and eventual purchase. I want you all to know I don't like my money wasted and as such I want my investment to appreciate and not depreciate. I believe I have all your support. Any questions? If none I would like a to hear the account department give a preview." He said as he attempted to sit.
"And for those who are still unaware of my identity, I am Dr. Henry Ikeke." He declared as he fully settled in his sear.