Chapter 48: The engagement ring

Start from the beginning

"Ehhh, I don't think she's into gold, she prefers silver!" I shrug, walking back to look at another selection of rings in the window. Liam frowns and trudges along to me.

"You're not liking any of these are you?" He raises an eyebrow. He was right, yeah, these rings were great, but just so normal, nothing stood out, nothing was as personal or meaningful.

"I want something different! Unique!" My eyebrows furrow in thought. Liam sighs and we carry on to walk down the highstreet, we take some random alleyways until we get to a small and squished up lane which has small dainty shops all down the side. 

We meander down the cobbled street admiring the small shops, the first one is a bridal and ball dress suite, a bright neon pink dress covered in gems is in the shop window. I raise an eyebrow in disgust at the brightness of it and 'over the top' feel it has. A lady in the window catches my expression and scowls. Liam laughs. 

"Ooh careful Louis, she doesn't look too happy..." 

The woman cocks her head slightly at us, her eyes squinting. 

"Jesus, has she got something in her eye or is she really that evil?" I ask, Liam shows a confused face and we start walking to the next shop, looking ultimatley like another jewellers. Hopefully we can get lucky in this shop with finding a nice ring. 

"WAIT! WAIT!!!" Me and Liam turn round suprised at the random calling to see the same woman who was giving us evils from behind the shop window. She was very small, had dark curly hair, and plastered bright red lipstick across her purse mouth. She looked in about her early thirties.

"Hello?" I say in a confused tone, I can feel my eyebrow raise without even meaning too. 

"Can we help?" Liam carries on. She gradually shows a large grin.

"Are you two from One Direction?" Her hands clasp together in a way of hope. Liam smirks.

"We are indeed Madam!" I laugh, she sighs in relief.

"Thank god for that, otherwise I would have just embarrased myself! My daughter loves you guys! I don't suppose you could come inside and sign a picture for her?" She asks, I almost sigh in relief myself, she may be small, but she was pretty scary. I think Liam thought so too, his eyebrows had finally 'un furrowed'.

We follow the woman into the bridal shop, a few other older woman giggle and whisper to eachother as we walk in behind. 

"Is it just me or do you feel a fraction awkward right now?" I whisper to Liam. 

"I'm on the same boat, I wish we could've brought Cassie, even if she had to be blindfolded so she wouldn't see what we were doing.." He hushes back, I chuckle. He's right, it would've been nice to have Cassie here with us. I guess that will happen later on though when she's shopping for her dress, and we choose venues and things like that. 

"Who do you think Cassie will go dress shopping with? Will she go with her Mum?" Liam asks me, we're still following the woman through this suprisingly big dress shop, even though it looked smaller from the outside. 

"This shop is like a bloody Tardis!" Liam laughs, awaiting my reply to the question. A small chuckle comes from the lady as she moves a curtain out of the way and tells us to go through to this next room. 

"Not sure Li, I reckon she'll either go sneakily with one of you boys, her brother if he's around, or Taylor, probably her Mum though is the best bet!" I finish, then am confused my our new surroundings. 

"Wait, isn't this the Jewellery shop next door?" I ask, glass cabinets around the edge of the box like shop, filled with many rings, necklaces, earrings, you name it.