.13.

I didn't bother finishing my eggs and threw on my shoes. 

He left to know if he loved me or not? What does that even mean?

After locking the door, I made my way to the car, getting in as fast as I could.

Rhett was in the drivers seat, checking his hair in the overhead mirror.

"Hey man," he said closing the flap. 

"Where are you taking me?" I flared my nostrils. My nerves were shot and I felt like Rhett was starting to play games with me. Does he not understand that this is hurting me? I'm so confused right now.

"Somewhere special."

I laid my head against the passenger side window and sighed. Closing my eyes, I felt mixed emotions over run my body. 

---

"Link, wake up buddy, we're here," Rhett shook me from my sleep. I hadn't even been that tired, but car rides seemed to have that effect on me.

 Opening my eyes, I recognized the place immediately.

Home. 

We were at my parents house. The place where I grew up.

Mom and dad weren't home, their car wasn't in the garage.

I looked at Rhett, confused.

"Why are we here?"

He smiled, taking my hand and pulling me from the car.

"Link, why is this place so special?" he asked, pulling me closer to the house.

I felt my hands grow sweaty inside his and became self aware.

"I mean, this is home. It's where I grew up. My parents still live here...I don't know.."

"Think a little harder," Rhett said, pulling me closer to him this time. I was not a foot away from him. I could feel his hot breath hitting my forehead.

"Um...."

"Link Neal, this is the place where I met the love of my life."

My brows furrowed in shock and confusion. "What? Who?"

I should have understood, but I didn't. Why? I don't know.

But he sure made it clear.

"You," he said quickly before planting a big warm kiss to my lips. Locking them in place, I felt his hands roam to my waist, where he held me so gently.

My chest almost exploded with emotions, but I refrained myself. I wanted to laugh and question all of it, but I said nothing. I just kissed him back, because it felt so good. 

It wasn't like anything I had ever felt before.

I had always had this feeling that I was in love with Rhett, but I could never bring myself to admit it, for his sake. For our friendship. 

But now, I can't help but want to bask in the joy and love.

It felt like forever before Rhett pulled away, "Link, I left because I was afraid of ruining this. Us. But when you followed my scavenger hunt, when I saw you walk through those tress at the lake, when you hugged me...it felt like a million little stars being lit inside of me. I was so afraid of admitting it, but, Link Neal, I am in love with you. Always have been. I'm sorry for making this past week a living hell. I'm sorry for scaring you and giving you nightmares, but...I'm happy now Link, so please..I would absolutely be honored if you'd accept me as you're own personal cuddle buddy...or some people like the term boyfriend...I want to make you happy too."

My body felt like it might collapse, but instead, it said "kiss him". So I did.

Rhett understood that a kiss meant yes. And I'm glad. Because honestly, I was to weak with joy to even speak.

He kissed me again on the tip of the nose, before grabbing my hands and pulling me to the car. 

"Link..thank you.." Rhett said before starting the car.

"For what?" I croaked out.

"For fixing me. I know it may not seem like you did anything in your eyes. But showing up meant everything in here.." he pointed to his heart with a grin.

My face burned red, "Forever."

"And always."

-----

OKAY. WELL THAT'S IT FOR THAT STORY. I KNOW. IT WAS HORRIBLE AND I'M SO SORRY. I HONESTLY DIDN'T WANT TO FINISH IT, BECAUSE I FELT LIKE I WAS MISSING SOMETHING AND IT ALL JUST FELT OFF BUT I HONESTLY DON'T SEE THE POINT OF GOING BACK AND CHANGING EVERYTHING BECAUSE YOU GUYS WOULD NOT WANT TO RE-READ THE STORY. SO I JUST FINISHED IT AND HOPEFULLY I'LL TAKE MORE TIME AND THOUGHT INTO MY NEXT STORY.

THANK YOU ALL FOR READING! HOPE YOU ENJOYED! YOU'RE BEAUTIFUL!

REMEMBER TO BE YOUR MYTHICAL BEST!

- ROBIN