24. Suspect

Shekhar came forward and asked for the form wiping his tears. Sumi stopped him but he cupped her face and said , ' This is what the time needs now' and he signed the form.

' And I need you Ragini , please come back ' muttered lakshya in tears.

Doctor went to OT, the bulb got red signalling operation has started.

Shekhar hugged Samishtha to console her.

'But how the rice got poisonous that Ragini ate' asked Swara shocked.

'I want to tell..'lakshya said but interuppted in between.

'Wait chhori, we will come to know soon. Let police come and then we will know that why only Ragini ate that rice and you changed the rice for Sanskar' said Dadi coming near to Swara and giving her a dangerous look narrowing her eye.

'What do you mean maa' asked Shekhar.

'I am not blind like you all. I can sense who has done this' said dadi eyeing Swara.

'Dadi you are doubting Swara again' said Sanskar in disbelief.

'The matter is clear. She wanted to kill Ragini only that is why she changed the rice otherwise how you survived and I remember her drama too in the morning of not taking fast 'said Dadi again.

'Dadi Swara has not done anything ' said Lakshya.

'Then who has done it lakshya. You still love this bengalan that is why you are supporting her rather than worrying for my daughter Ragini ' said Dadi.

'Why are we arguging in the family. Let's find the priest , he handed us the rice and do you all remember the video swapping incident. May be the same person involved in this ' said Sanskar.

'Yes there are many rivals of us. May be any one of them have done this to take revenge' said DP.

'Bhai listen to me once' said Lakshya.

'Yes tell ' said Sanskar turning to him. ' Do you have a doubt on anyone?'.

'We will solve the case Mr Maheshwari' said the senior inspector as the police arrived.

'Yes doctor solve the case and find the culprit 'said Dadi agai eyeing Swara.

'We need to go to the place of accident and you need to come with us' said the inspector.

'Yes I will come' said Sanskar .

'I will go too ' added Swara.

'No Swara stay here and take care of our families. ' said Sanskar and left with police.

'If i tell the truth , I will be imprisoned. I deserve to be punished but not before Ragini wakes up. I will confess my crime as soon as I apologise to Ragini. I just want to talk her once. Till then I need to stay quite otherwise I will loose my last chance to meet her. ' thought lakshya and wiped the tears that has already formed in his eyes due to the different emotions of guilt and sorrow taking place inside him.

Baadi

Police investigated the place and found the water which Swara drank due to which she got unconscious and then the rice that were fallen near the sink.

'Mr Sanskar forensic reports will come in few hours. If all these things really found to be poisonous then the direct suspect is the priest. We have to find him first. Do you know his adress' said inspector after closely examining the kitchen and the hall.

'Sir dadi sa has brought that priest. She must know about it' said Sanskar.

'Okay we will interrogate her later. We will first examine the room where the incident took place' said the inspector and Sanskar guided them to Ragini's room.

Police examined the room for few more minutes. They got the bowl of porridge and water spilled on ground. The bottle thrown on opposite side of the bed.

'Mr Maheshwari, you said Ragini got hit while saving lakshya. But this bowl is half empty. It means she was poisoned before the fan hit her. Then was not lakshya supposed to save a dying Ragini if she was poisoned. Or was he watching a dying Ragini in front of her otherwise he should have himself carried out of the room seeing he condition after consumption of rice as the doctor told last thing she ate was poisonous. So our another suspect is Lakshya' said the inspector.

'What are you saying inspector. He loves Ragini. He is his fiance and haven't you seen his condition he is in deep shock. How can u suspect him' said Sandkar in anger.

'Look Mr Maheshwari let us do our work. Police do not understand the language of relations it only understand the language of proofs . So please support us' said Inspector and asked Sanskar to follow them to hospital.

Hospital

Nurse came out of OT and handed a list of injections needed and before anyone could ask anythink she went inside.

'I will get it' said lakshya and hurried to the chemist.

Police arrived there in the meantime.

'We need to interrogate you ' said the inspector to daadi.

Interrogation went on police came to know the adress of priest and further interrogation leads to suspect on Swara as she was the one to change the rice and daadi directly took her name when she was asked if she had doubt on anyone.

Unknown Location

'So this is the house where priest was residing but it seems that he flee away' said inspector as he examined the one room house.

He called the control room and got the routes sealed so that priest don't go out of town.

He ordered the other policemen to examine each and every corner carefully.

'Sir we have a suspect on Santosh ji too. She has brought the priest. Hasn't she?' said another policemen to the inspector.

Meanwhile Sanskar notice something glittery in the grass that lay in front area of the house. He went there and was shocked to see the familiar thing that was well known to him.

'How can this be here' his mind questioned.

But he silently slipped it into his pocket carefully watching not to be seen by anyone.

'Sir we got some chemicals here in the dustbin' said the policemen after examinung each and every thing.

'Okay, send the all collected things to forensic lab' said the inspector and turned to Sanskar who was in deep thought.

'Sir we will come to you as soon as we get the report. Till then make sure none of you leaves the town ' said the inspector.

Sanskar nodded absentmindly and left for hospital.

'What happened Sanskar . Who has done all this ' asked Swara ss soon as Sanskar reached the hospital.

Police has suspect on priest and some of our family members said Sanskar in a low voice.

'How is Ragini' he futher asked.

'Nothing is said till now ' said Swara in a weak voice and tried to hug Sanskar while he move towards the family unknowingly leaving Swara.

'What is the thing that is bothering Sanskar' thought Swara as she sensed Sanskar is lost somewhere.

Just the lighten bulb went off and doctor came out.

'Sir the operation was successful ' said the doctor.

All the family became happy listening to the doctor and thanked god.

'Can I meet her now' saying this lakshya proceeded towards OT.

'No' said the doctor.

'Actually the operation is successful but next 48 hours are very crucial. If she gains conciousnesd in these hours she will survive. Otherwise...' doctor added.

'What otherwise doctor' said lakshya looking helplessly.

Doctor patted his back and left from there leaving a helpless lakshya and his family, giving instructions to the nurse.