{Chapter 1} I Am Not Just Your Little Puppet

Start from the beginning

“Kankuro! You’re not seriously going to use Crow just for this!?” She said in horror.

“Yeah I am.” He growled. She put her hand on her forehead and sighed.

“Okay but I’m staying out of this.” She said taking a step back. Kankuro smirked and was about to move.

“Kankuro put it away and leave them alone. We don’t need to be stirring up any trouble.” Said a soft but dark and sharp voice. You all turned your shocked faces back to the tree on the branch on the opposite side of where Sasuke was sitting. There stood upside down, a red haired guy with teal eyes and black make-up around them. He also had the word ‘love’ tattooed on his forehead. You stared and looked at everyone else. Adira was staring in awe, Kankuro in anger and fear, and Sasuke was shocked, and caught quite off guard. The red haired guy poofed away and landed beside Kankuro, who put his mummy on his back again. They started walking away when Sasuke jumped down and stopped them.

“Hey, you with the gourd on his back!” He yelled as they slowed to a stop.

“Yes..?” The red haired guy said turning his head slightly.

“What is your name?” Sasuke held his steady gaze. The guy paused for a while, then spoke.

“My name is Gaara. I am also interested to know who you are.” Sasuke smirked.

“I am Sasuke… Of the Uchiha clan.” Gaara nodded as the other two gasped slightly.

“Wait! I can tell by your headbands that you’re from the sand village. What business do you three have here?” Adira asked, stepping up beside you. Temari stepped forward now, showing a pass of some sort.

“We’re here for the chunnin exams.” She stated plainly, smiling a bit. Adira and I nodded calmly while Naruto stood there confused.

“Temari, Kankuro, lets go.” Gaara snapped. Temari sent an apologetic look in your direction and Kankuro glared at you. You just stuck your tongue out back as he turned around chuckling. Then they all disappeared, jumping away.

Naruto stood there a little stunned while Adira talked to him. Sasuke walked quickly to come help you up.

“Are you okay?” he mumbled dully but with worry in his eyes. “I came as fast as I could when I heard you scream.” He looked away scratching the back of his head. You blushed and made a face but chuckled nervously.

“Heh, thanks.” You smiled. “But did I really scream?” You made a face again. He laughed a bit and nodded.

“Hey Shizuri!” You heard Adira running over. “Why do you always have to stir up trouble when I’m not around huh?” She stopped and put her hands on her hips. You laughed.

“Technically it wasn’t me who stirred up trouble this time. It was Kankuro. Plus, I was looking for you to tell you about the chunnin exams, but couldn’t find you.” You smiled and stuck your tongue out. Adira just rolled her eyes.

“Okay well I’m hungry so lets go get some ramen. Its on me!” Adira smiled and ran away as Naruto quickly fallowed yelling “Ramen!” the whole time. You laughed and shooed Konahamaru and his friends to go get some ramen as well. You looked over at Sasuke who was looking at you with eager eyes. Funny how his expression never changed, but his eyes told so much. You were the only one who could read him, that’s why you were best friends.

“Come on Sasuke. We’ll go get some ramen too.” You smiled with rainbow eyes.

“So is this considered a date?” He smirked and glanced at you. You laughed and pushed him while you ran away down an ally. Sasuke started running after you but disappeared. You stopped confused when he appeared behind you. You screamed while laughing and tried to run again but he grabbed you by the waist. You both were laughing as you turned around to face him, his arms still locked around you.