Chapter 8

We managed to get back to the apartment safely.

   Damien laid Max slowly on the couch and left to his room. Cathy left to afternoon classes, and I stayed sitting next to Max watching Vampire Diaries. Pretty ironic since everyone around me is a vampire.

    Max occasionally shifted and curled up into a ball.

   Heh, totally like a cat, I thought.

    I passed my fingers through his messy hair , it was surprisingly soft. He stirred and he snuggled right next to my leg.

   Damien came back and he had  a box full of doughnuts from Dunkin' Doughnuts. He had one in his mouth and took the box to the diner.

    "Where's my doughnut you fool?" I said.

     He pointed at the box and took a huge bite from his doughnut.

     I heard a small yawn and I looked back and saw Max rubbing his eyes. He looked at me, then at Damien.

    "Are we back at the apartment?" He asked.

   We both nodded and he got up from the couch. He opened the doughnut box and got a pudding filled one.

       "I'm sorry for being rowdy. No more garlic bread from now on." He said.

    He messed up my hair and he left to Damien's room. We continued to eat doughnuts until Cathy came home from school. Max came out with black Mickey Mouse pajamas and he looked at me and smiled.

    "Kat, want to watch Anime with me?" He said.

    "What's Ani-"

  "Japanese Cartoon." Damien interrupted.

   "Oh, sure!" I said.

    Max smiled and we went to Damien's room. It was messier than last time I came in. We watched an anime called Attack on Titan. It was really serious and bloody.

    "It's funny how humans are depicted so fragile in this show." Max said.

    "I'm just glad they don't exist. I wouldn't want to be chomped on by a titan." I said.

    He looked at me and shook his head laughing.

    "What? Max, why are you laughing? Don't tell me titans exist." I said.

    I would be half impressed if they did. I mean, there's a group of vampires living with me. Who knows what other mythical people do exist. Wait..... Do werewolves exists then?

    As if he heard my silly thoughts, he started to laugh. I thought this and tried to picture Max in a tutu. Max stopped laughing and looked at me.

    "Hey, no fair. Don't play dirty Katty." He pouted.

     I tolled my eyes and looked at him.

   "Says the one reading peoples minds." I said all sassy.

       He pushed me lightly and I ended up falling off Damien's tiny couch. I made a little 'oof ' sound when I hit the floor. Max looked scared and came to my aid.

    "OhMyGod! Are you okay Kat? Are you hurt? Do you need a doctor? Maybe call Nine One One?" He said in a blur.

    I looked at him and glared.

  "I'm fine Max. Calm down."

  He let out a sigh and pulled me up to my feet.

   "I'm sorry! I didn't know if I hurt you. I mean....."

    Max rambled on and on trying to apologize. I left the room and saw Damien and Cathy watching Helix on the t.v.

   Damien looked at me and looked at the time.

    " You and Max should go to sleep. You guys are going to school tomorrow. So get some sleep so you guys can wake up in time..... And Not miss the bus this time." He said.

   I gulped and nodded.

  "Well, goodnight guys." I said.

  " Night Kat" Cathy said.   Her eyes still glues to the t.v.

     I went to Cathy's room and went to sleep. Tomorrow is going to be a hassle.

--------------------------------

    The next day came and I had to wear the fugly blazer once again. At least I would get to see Max. I ran into Kather while going to my locker . We talked a bit and went to class together. Apparently Brittney was caught being a waitress at a pizza parlor. I secretly fist pumped the air. Way to go Facebook and Twitter!

    We all sat down at our desks and the teacher came and introduced Max to the class. He didn't look bad with the uniform on. It made him look serious and mysterious.... Wait, I think watching all that anime yesterday got to me..

    Brittney was glaring at Max and was texting Amber something.

    "Brittney! Phone! Gone!" Mrs. Chambers said.

    They quickly put their phones away sulked. Once the period was over, announcements came on, most of the girls swarmed Max asking random questions. One really caught my attention though.

    "So, are you interested in anyone?" A girl whom I believed was called Diana, asked.

     Max shook his head and tried to get his things in order.

    "Someone you know? Or perhaps crushing on?" Kather said.

    "What? No! That-... No!" I exclaimed.

    Kather started to laugh and it was almost a sin to hear. His laugh was really adorable.

    "Come on! You are totally crushing on him." He said.

    I hit Kather on the head and got ready to go to the next class. He followed me and laughed.

  "Fine, he's a childhood friend?" He said.

   I rolled my eyes.

" I know his brother and I met him yesterday. There. Happy?" I said annoyed.

    "Yes. I love straightforward answers." He said.

     "I wish you didn't." I mumbled.

   "Hu?"

   "Nothing! Now come one! We'll be late for the next class and this stupid school is shaped weirdly!" I yelled.