Chapter 21

"Wake up losers! It's beach day!"

This is not how I wanted to be woken up. Max was screaming at the top of his lungs throughout the whole apartment and made sure that he left all of the bedroom doors open as he did so.

Is it so hard to have a relaxing day with no screaming? Just once?

"Shut up tutu!" I heard Cathy yell from her room.

"Ay, at least I look sexy in one!" Max snarled back.

After using that insult so many times, Max is no longer affected by the tutu incident he had as a child. Good for him. Ugh.

"Max shut up! I'm tryna see the news here!" Damien angrily yelled.

"Weather is for the petty people that believe those lies! And old people. Coz let's be honest. Is it really gunna hail with this humid and sunny weather? The frikken ice blocks would melt before it hits the concrete!" Max exclaimed.

"Oh my god Max shut up!" I yelled from the room.

"Pshh. Okay. Fine then. No beach then. I'll go to the aquarium and drown like I have predicted. Do all yo sons of guns a favor. Seeing as everyone wants to stake me in this apartment." He said all sassy and angered.

I rolled my eyes. What a drama queen.

"I heard that Kat! I'm a dictator not a queen, get it right!"

"Max just shut up!" I heard glass shatter following Cathy's shouting.

"This is exactly what I mean! Nothing but a huge game of whack-a-Max! You'll all feel my wrath!"

Okay I've had enough of this. I stomped out of my room and walked up to Max and smacked him on the head with a nearby book.

"Ow! Ow! Ow! Stop I'm sorry! I'm sorry!"

"Some. Of. Us. Are. Trying. To. Sleep." I said in between hits.

"I'll stop, I'll stop I promise Katty!"

"Good. Go get changed and get the bags ready for the beach," he started grinning really big. "But take your time! We still have three hours till we have to leave."

"Yeaaaahhhhh! Beach sons of-"

"Shut up!" Damien, Cathy and I said in unison.

"Pshh. Fine." Max mumbled.

He sulkingly went to the room and went to go change. I have a feeling I'm going to regret this later...

"Max has been acting crazier than usual." Cathy said as she picked up pieces of a vase.

"Nah, he's just being silly. As usual..." Damien said as he flipped through channels.

"I donno Damien..."

"Just leave him be for a bit. He'll be back to his usual self in no time."

Damien got up and went to the kitchen. As harsh as his words may have come off, he had a worried expression on his face.

I followed Damien into the kitchen. He was at the sink filling up a cup of water from the filter. I walked up to him and wrapped my arms around him. "What are you thinking about?"