Closer....

It was a normal evening at the palace hotel bar my shift ended soon and I could go and enjoy the night with my friends and little girl Maya Grace. I was 22, and I got pregnant with Maya at 17, just before Shawn went on tour. Not wanting to ruin his soaring career, I never got the chance to tell him and as he travelled the world we fell out of touch.

My family were very supportive and helped me raise her while I finished school. I did ok and managed to work at the palace quite easily, but every now and again near the middle of a month when money was tight, I worked extra shifts and tonight was one of those nights.

The atmosphere was great my friend Cassidy was dancing with Maya I looked over and smiled and that's when James the leisure manager made an announcement for Cabaret (my favourite part of the night) This time i really wasn't expecting this. He walked through the door and I dropped the glass I was holding. The emotions inside me stirred like a storm. I still had feelings for him but I never saw him doing gigs as small as this. I'm going to have to speak to him, for Maya, she might finally get the father figure she deserves.

I took a quick break from the front and went to the toilets to give myself a pep talk as I splashed my face with water.

"Come on y/n, do this for Maya's sake, do this to put things straight"

As I walked back out to the bar and straightened my apron Shawn was making an announcement. Great I thought had he noticed me ?

" y/n I've missed you since the day I left for tour those four years ago and there's not one day that's gone past where I haven't regretted it. I've been looking for you since and all those thoughts on my mind lead me here I wrote this for you"

The lights dimmed and the spotlight rose. I'm glad I could have a minute to think what to say.

I know it breaks your heart moved to the city in a broke down car 4 years no calls and now your looking pretty in a hotel bar and i-I-I-I-I can't stop no iiiii can't stooooop so baby pull me closer in the back seat of you rover that I know you can't afford, Bite that tattoo on your shoulder, pull the sheets right off the corner of the mattress that you sold to your roommate back in boulder we ain't ever getting older ....

I loved it, while Shawn was playing a guitar solo, I joined him on stage and started singing.

You, look as good as the day I met you, I forget just why I left you I was insane. Stay, play that blink-182 song that we'd beat to death in Tucson. OK

He repeated the verse and I threw my arms over his shoulders and brought a kiss onto his soft lips, everyone stood up and cheered, James stood up on stage again and signed Shawn off as I took his hand and lead him other to the booth were Cassidy and Maya were sat.

"Shawn, I've never stopped loving you and I need to tell you something.... meet your daughter, Maya grace"

He looked at me with shock and a single tear rolled down his face. He opened his arms and Maya jumped across almost knocking him over.

"Daddy !" She said squeezing him tightly

"My girls" he said placing Maya on one arm and bringing me into a hug with the other. Cassidy stood there smiling.

"Pizza at mine tonight" I smiled

I couldn't wait for Maya to get to know her father after all this time ....

-------------------------------------
A/N: enjoy my lovelies, requests are always open I just need your name, hair colour and eye colour along with type of imagine e.g happy, sad, supernatural ...... love you guys