Ranks & Rooms

Percy's Point of View

Today we would be put in the fear simulation room. Where our fears would be, and we'd face them. The point wasn't to become fearless. That's impossible. It's learning how to control your fear, and how to become free of it. I knew that. I had learned that years ago. Fearless is impossible.

I went last, Amar nodded his head. He was the only one, aside Uriah that would see my fears. Everyone else would see the reactions. Not what they really were. 

If I had to guess, Annabeth was  losing the demigod world, Tartarus once again, Hybris, her fatal flaw, Kronos, Gaea, another war, losing her friends and family, spiders ( easy one ), and then a poisionous knife. One almost took her life.

They store at her when she came out, I gave her a look of sympathy. I had known those were all her fears ever since they came along. 

I was next.

Amar injected the serum in my neck, and I walked in. At first it was pure white, then the scene completely changed. New York City. Second Titan War. Olympous. Luke, Annabeth, Grover, Ethan, and myself. Annabeth had already been flung, Grover at his side, Annabeth's knife flung, and like before, I gave the knife to Luke. But it was different this time.

He stabbed me in the chest, and I went straight to my knees, breathing heavily.

it's okay, I told myself, Just a fear, I lived. Kronos is gone. Luke is friend. I'm alive. I'm 17. Not 15. Not 16. I'm alive. I'm 17. Kronos is gone.

And it changed. Tartarus. Opening the door.

" Bob!" Annabeth and myself yelled to the Titan, and Bob went into the Tartarus.

" On three!" Annabeth yelled, but nobody else heard. It was so loud in Tartarus," One!"

" Two!" I yelled.

" Three!" We both yelled, but the chains didn't cut, and panic and fear and anger came right into me. I was blank. I didn't know what to do.

It'l be fine, I told myself in my head, It's over. . Tartarus is gone. Camp Half-Blood and Camp Jupiter are over with. Monsters are gone. Tartarus doesn't bother me anymore. It doesn't bother me. It doesn't bother. . 

It changed. Olympous once again. After the Giant War.

" Percy Jackson," Hades asked me," Surviving Tartarus and a war, would you become a god with us? Make a fourth high god?"

Gods, not my loyalty.

I looked back at Annabeth and those eight. Nico, Annabeth, Hedge, Hazel, Leo, Piper, Frank, and Jason. I didn't know what to do.  It's happened before. I've been asked to be a god. I have. But not so far up. I started stumbling with my words, and finally answered.

" I just can't," I told them," I can't."

The scene changes. Camp Half-Blood. On fire. 

" No!" I yelled, running to a Roman, and started fighting them. They set the camp on fire, and I just can't lose Camp Half-Blood. I can't. It's my home. It's my solid ground. It's my safe home. It 's my life. But after so long I started to calm down.

It's just a silly fear, I tell myself, It isn't real. Everything is just fine. My friends are still alive. Annabeth is fine. The gods are fine. Gaea is in Tartarus, so is Kronos, so is the giants, and every other monster I have killed. It's all just in my head.

And it goes white. It's over.

Only four fears?

I walked out, and people store at me, too. Amar and Uriah look at me, questionly. Eric is most confused.

" No I can't," Eric said," What the hell?"

" Don't even bother, Eric," I told Eric.

We got our rankings.

1. Percy

2. Annabeth

3.Eric

4.Tobias

5.  Mariah

6. Kevin

7. Logan

That was it, but they let Annabeth and myself make an annoucement first.........