For Nothing

Clarisse's Point of View

Every since that one day after the meeting, when we had questioned him in front of the camp, not meaning for the whole camp to watch, Percy has kept his distance from most of us honestly. Mainly he's been around Annabeth ( obiously ) Jason, Frank, Hazel, Reyna, Piper, Leo, and Nico tries to aviod Percy and Percy only. What ever happened on that freaking ship was changing the demigods with realy power. Jason, Thalia, Nico, and Percy. Even Hazel.  Because the others were acting different and out of the usual, it was more akward for her.

ANd passing by Nico one day, I saw him talking with Hazel. Almost arguing with her. Jason was next to Hazel, and Percy was next to Nico. So I tuned into the conversation.

" I swear," Nico told them in a frustrated voice," I have no other siblings what so ever. Dead or alive."

Oh. . . that explained a lot.

WHen Nico was 8 and joined Camp Half-Blood, he had a sister. Bianca Di Angelo. His only living family. Pretty much his only family. SHe joined the Hunters, and that winter she died along with Zoe Nightshade, and a few others. When Percy and Annabeth made the burden, got the grey streak of hair. Gods know what they did, but they were the only ones brave enough to do it, obiously. Nico hated Percy for about a year after Bianca's death, blamed him because Percy promised to keep Bianca safe on the quest. I'm not exactly sure if Nico really truely forgave him or that. I know he never got over Bianca's death. WHen ever some one says her name he either flips out, one, or two, just breaks down and runs off. WHen you meet him you wouldn't think this kid is capable of happiness, smiling, laughing, or crying, disappointment. But he is. 

" Nico," Jason told Nico Di Angelo in a stern voice," We're not stupid, we know you're lying. Hazel is your sister. You have at least one other. I know that. Percy knows that. Annabeth knows that. Hazel knows that."

" No he doesn't," Percy told them. Over the years the lie got easier and easier to tell that Nico didn't have any other sibling aside Hazel. It was so easy now to say after almost 5 years. We were 13 when Bianca died. Now we were 17. Percy's birthday was tomorrow. Exactly a year since the Second TItan War. That lie had gotten easy right away. No Roman or later Greek knew about the Second Titan War. Not one.

" You're lying, too," Hazel told Percy," We know you both are. We've known you long enough to tell a lie from the truth."

" We're not lying," Percy told them," Nico has no siblings what so ever. I'd know, I recruited him."

" Fine," Jason told Percy," If you're not lying, tell me one thing you don't tell many people. A fact about yourself."

Percy smirked, thinking of just one of very many he could say, and I found this halarious.

:" Okay,' Percy told Jason," I was a mistake from the beginning. I was never supposed to even be born."

And they bring me into this comversation.

" That's a lie!" Jason told Percy," No god made that deal! Right, Clarisse!?"

" No," I told Jason," Percy was supposed to never be born. Zues, Poseidon, and Hades were never supposed to have kids after WWII."

" Does  Nico have another sibling?" Hazel asked me, knowing I would say the truth.

: No."

The next day it was pure celebration, and I was expecting this from somebody. That somebody just happened to be Jason.

" Why are we even celebrating?" Jason asked me." It's nothing important."

" Greek tradition," I told Jason," It's a long story."

" I have time," Jason told me, crossing his arms. Daring me to tell them.

" But I don't," I told Jason, and when I walked away I regreted it because I walked right into some one I really wasn't in the mood to see.

Son of Hermes.

Luke Castellan.