Not alone

I think I'm safe. I peek behind the tree to secure my thought. Nothing, just like I suspected. The trees quivered in the winter breeze. Everything seemed....peaceful. I tried to shake off the feeling of fear and curiosity but just repeating "it's okay" isn't going to make that happen. I got from behind the tree and onto the open. I feel naked and insecure, like I'm a prey being watch by it's predator. You can feel the predator's eyes lurking within the shadows, waiting for the right move when the prey is more vulnerable. As, I stand looking left, right ,forward and back my head swirl with unanswered questions. I feel susceptible just stand here like someone's meal. I wish I could say my breathing was back to complete normal, but not when my heart accelerating a million beats per minute wondering if they are beyond the shadows. No, I protested. "I'm not going to stand here looking naive". So, I dashed off.
   I wish their was some distinctive object or landmark, I thought. Just when I thought nothing can't get any more worse, oh no, I cried. I saw footprints on the snow going each and every way, could it be.....no, I shook my head in denial. It can't. Perhaps it's my footprints I examined my previous footprints and then the current ones or it possible could be a residental hunter out here. Then, I heard a sound. I shot my head up. Could that sound be meant for me or could it be a hunter. I was back to the bonechilling fear I started with. I was unable to move. My body was frozen like a statue. My ears was comprehensive than ever, waiting for the next one. I felt like I was making a horrible mistake. What if the next one I hear hits me, I wonder. Just run, I insisted. Seems like my brain have got so frozen out here it's was responding to my body slowly cause, I'm not moving but what if, that's  the plan, but it could be my pass for help. What if I follow the sound and it could be my help at last, I thoughted. Once, more another booming gunshot rang out, this time closer. I dash off, running as fast as I could. That was too close. I knew deep and the core of my mind that was him. I knew he wasn't gone, I just knew it. My mind was racing and I wasn't playing attention which way or where I was going. Then, I hit my head on something. Really hard. My vision got all disarrange, I felt lightheaded. No, I pleaded get your self together. My body is slowly giving up. I fell down on the icy cold snow that's now beneath me. I try to use all the strength I still have left to lift myself up but my body remain numb. I can't, I admitted. I can't be strong as I portray myself to be, I just can't. My vision gets blurry, warm tears trickled down my face. I felt weak, I was weak. I felt like I have let myself down and thoses who truly care about me. When I was just about to closed my eyes. I saw rusty boots appear before me. Well, this is how I die, I said. I knew it was him. I knew he just came to just finished what he had started.