Ch 1: Aftermath

Back at the dorms, Ajay was pacing around the room nervously. "The boys are taking an awfully long time, aren't they?" He asked. Anoop, who was reading a book, answered "Yeah...I hope they aren't planning on actually spending the entire night there."

    "I'm worried...Shall we go look for them?", Ajay asked.

     "Haha, What are you, their Mom? They'll come back." Chris replied. 

    Prabhu was fast asleep on the floor, snoring softly. The cards lay strewn all over him. Ajay stopped walking and said, "I'm going to bring em back. Anyone wanna come with me?"

    "I don't have anything better to do, so, might as well." Anoop announced and put his book down. 

    "Nah. Too much trouble. They'll be back soon anyway." Chris said. "Nope, You're coming with us too. Let Prabhu get some sleep." Anoop said and grabbed his hand. "But I don't wanna!" Chris whined, but he was dragged along, nevertheless. 

    In a few minutes, the three of them stood at the entrance to the stairway, having no idea what lay in store for them.. A howling wind whipped up, spraying ice-cold rainwater over the boys. "Brrr..!!" Anoop shivered, and shook off the water from his hair. "Well? Lets go already! I wanna sleep soon." Chris complained. 

    In a flash of lightning, the stairway was suddenly illuminated for a split-second, and Ajay caught sight of a dark puddle on the 4th step, following which they were immediately enveloped in darkness again.  Anoop fumbled in his pockets and now held a tiny flashlight in his hand. He turned it on, and to Ajay's minor surprise, the stairway was perfectly dry. 'Must've been my eyes playing tricks on me.' He thought to himself as they began climbing up. Ajay stared intently at the 4th step, trying to figure out what the puddle was..

    "Yaawn..." Prabhu pulled himself up, and groggily looked around, ruffling his hair and shaking off the cards, which fell to the floor. " Guys? Where are you?

     A/N: Hello again! I'm back with a bang to post Book II of 'After School'! As you might've guessed, this story deals with the other boys in the dorms trying to look for Karthik, Vivek, and the rest. As usual, I'll try to update a new chapter every 3 days or so. 

    Remember, If you liked the chapter, Click the Star-shaped vote button, leave a comment, or even follow me for notifications on when the updates happen! Thanks a lot for your continued support!