Chapter One: New Neighbors

Shelby's Point Of View:

"Shelby Marie Young! Get your butt down stairs in half an hour! The new neighbors across the street are going to be here soon." My mother yells while I'm in my closet deciding what to wear today.

Let me introduce myself to you. As you know know my name's Shelby Marie Young. I just graduated high school and I'm going to college in LA to follow my dreams of becoming an actress. I have blonde hair that flows all the way down to about mid- back. I also have bright, Aruba blue eyes. I am also a dedicated and huge fan of Josh Hutcherson.

My neighbor and best friend, Meg moved away to Spain. Lucky right? Actually not really. She's cursed with bad luck. But I'm cool with it. Even though she's accident prone she's so much fun and we party hard. By having dance parties. YOLO. I just changed into a Hollister pair of shorts and a ruffled pink tank top. I grab a pair of pink flip-flops that match my shirt and head out.

"Hey mom! You excited for the new neighbors?" I ask my mom, Patty. Now something you should know about my mom. She loves baking, so the outcome? She's a little overweight. Well everyone in my family is...But me. I mean we all jog and lift weights but it seems they can never pull it off. And only i can. My dad's name is Brian and my sister's name is Lucy.

"I'm very excited! I even made cupcakes for them! Shelby, could you go walk Rocko for me? He needs his exercise." Rocko's my dog, he's a shih tzu and loves everybody. He believes that everyone came to see him.

"Yeah, I'll go out now. COME HERE ROCK!" I yelled to get his attention. "Here baby wanna go for a walk. Yeah, we'll go see Lucky if you want after." I said to him as he wagged his tail and panted his tongue.

After our walk, I put Rocko inside and grabbed the cupcakes and went across the street to the new neighbor's house. Once I got there I knocked on the door. And a 15 year old boy opened the door. HE LOOKS SO FAMILIAR!!!!!!

"Hey there pretty lady, I'm Connor. What can I do for you?" He said.

"You can shut up and take these cupcakes my mom made for your family. I'm Shelby. You must be the new neighbors I guess?" I asked confused.

"Yeah, come on in. My mom's in the kitchen." Once I walked into the very familiar house I led myself to the kitchen. "Wow. You really know your way around the house." Connor said.

"Yeah, my best friend used to live here. She moved to Spain, her grandma died and they need to take care of her grandfather." I said. Why am I telling him? I just met this kid five minutes ago. Once we got there, I noticed a lady about my mom's age and a teenager my age. 18.

"Hey mom, this is Shelby. Shelby this is my mom Michelle and my brother and loser Josh." When Josh looked up I realized who it was. Josh. Freaking. Hutcherson.