Chapter 31: On The Road Again.

Start from the beginning

I was slinking around backstage in my white, holey leggings, red oversized sweater, and red Doc Martin boots, trying to find a place to sit that I could watch the show and stay out of the way. I found this lawn chair thing that looked dingy and out of place, but, because I didn't quite care, I moved it and sat side stage, where I could see the bands play and the crowd act.

As the show started the temperature rose, and I was really regretting wearing such wintery clothes to a concert, but lately I've been cold and nothing keeps me warm anymore.

The lineup was, Woe Is Me, Texas In July, Volumes, and Capture the Crown. Volumes was up first, and I was really surprised at how much I liked them, since hearing them live for this tour was the first time I'd ever heard of them.

While I watched anyways, the crowd quickly moved and jumped and water bottles, empty and full, were being tossed around the pit of the venue. I was taking pictures with a tossup from my camera to my phone, when a tap on my shoulder turned me around and got me to my feet.

A gorgeous male, whose forehead was only damp, was standing there with a beautifully charming smile on his face, hands folded into his pockets, and brunette dreads tied up into a thick ponytail behind his head. "Hi." I mumbled, my hands getting clammy and all the loudness of the show behind me, completely forgotten.

"Hey, my names Louie, I work the bar during the shows and on weekends, I just thought you were with the bands since I saw you walk in with them and I had a moment away, I just wanted to know what band you were in." He rocked on his heels and stuck his hand out for me to shake.

My hand was trembling pathetically as I enfolded mine in his and shook it gently before taking my wet hand back and hopeing he wouldn't make a comment on it. "I'm not in any of the bands, I'm just a lacky I guess. I'm just tagging along with Of Mice & Men, the headliners." I smiled and nodded, mostly to myself, wondering how that sounded aloud to him.

"Ah, I get it. Makes sense, since you're not so rough around the edges." There was an akward passing between us and he hicked his finger over his shoulder in the direction of the long "L" shaped bar. "If you're not busy, I was wondering if you could come help me carry some ice behind the bar? I would feel lame just leaving all akward like this."

My face redened and I hoped to God he couldn't tell. "Sure." I shrugged and followed along close behind him. What's the big deal with helping him get some ice? Who cares if I'm suppose to or not, he's interested in me then, right? I gulped and tried collecting my ransacked thoughts as I followed him past the swinging doors and into the cramped back that gave me chills and made me thankful for my winter attire.

"So, you're the girlfriend to one of the guys then?" He asked, his back still turned toward me as he dug around for the bags.

I chuckled, feeling stupid after I did though for some reason. "No, more like, the sister or the best friend." I leaned back against the cold wall and crossed my arms over my chest as I waited. "Need any help?"

He shook his head and stood with two bags of ice in each hand, making his veins stick out as he walked towards the door infront of me.

"Here, let me get the door." I popped off the wall and tried squeazing past him to get to the door in the crammed space. As I reached for the door to push it open to get to the swinging door and back to the bar, an air sucking pain smashed my foot.

I looked down and one of the bags of ice had been dropped on my foot, crushing it and causing me gut wrinching pain. "Get it off!" I begged, trying to pull it up with his help. He picked it up and chucked it infront of the door, right next to the other one, and led me back into the clutter from which we just were, and sat me down slowly.