Chapter 28: Red Robin.

Hannah.

Around me, the guys were tossing around French Fries across the table at Red Robin to each other, and making rocket or airplane noises as they did so. I was sucking down my third large water and had my cheeks planted into my knuckles when Daddy Carlile nudged me conscious.

"You alright there Thinker?" He grinned, the wrinkles forming around his mouth.

I parted the straw from my lips and sat up to engage. "I just can't believe hours ago Of Mice & Men got signed to a real and well known record label." I smiled and looked around the circular booth at all the band members having a good time. "It's so surreal." I sighed and looked back at Daddy Carlile.

He was nodding and eating a French Fry of his own as he spoke. "Yup, being the dad of one of those members isn't helping either knowing he'll be on his own now.. For a long time."

I gulped and it felt like the salt from the fries were clogging my throat. Why do I keep forgetting those dreadful words I kept hearing repeat themselves during that meeting? I dropped a piece of my burger back onto the plate and looked down at my salted fingers. Yup, Austin, Aaron, Tino, Phil, and Alan will all be gone on their first tour now, since that's what the label was setting up, and I'd be home alone with Daddy Carlile, going to school, and only getting to see them and talk to the guys once in awhile between gigs. The thought was dreading.

"A toast!" Phil bellowed across from me at the table and raised his glass up obnoxiously.

The guys raised theirs up too and I was the last to raise mine and smile as best as I could with all the other thoughts going on in my head. You've got this Hannah, you have friends now, be friendly.

All the guys were smiling from ear to ear, glasses half drank and held high. "A toast, to having an excuse to drink underaged tonight, and finally having worked our asses off, and getting everything paid off for us. We're ready to get on to bigger and better things." Phil's voice still held everyone's eyes captive.

"Agreed!" Austin cheered and each boy after responded with glasses clinking and adding their own responses.

-------------

As we all sat in the hotel rooms and had music playing to entertain ourselves whilst we all drank different strong things Daddy Carlile had stopped to buy and said we could drink under his supervision, considering the circumstances. I sat in the hallway outside the room, trying to get some fresh air since the room smelt of testosterone and alcohol, which I don't drink.

Since Red Robin I haven't been able to get the conversation with Daddy Carlile and I out of my head. Me, alone? That sounds like.. NOT such a good idea. I sighed and pulled my knees up to my chest, locking them there with my arms and trying to relax. My heart was pounding in my stomach and I felt like I might throw up if I can't get over my over thinking.

It was in the hallway, alone, slowly starting to panic thanks to my lovely thoughts, that I started to feel like maybe I should call my therapist, just to catch up and tell her what's been going on in my life, because, if I think about it, which I try not to do so much, a lot has happened in a short amount of time. Am I strong enough for all this?

I pulled out my phone and after I made sure no one was coming out anytime soon, I called her from my number three speed dial and held the phone tight against my ear, not even sure she'd answer.

"Hello, you've reacher Doctor Melissa Davis and I'm not able to answer my phone at the time being. If you'd like you try my office number, feel free to call, nine oh four, six three one, four two, three one. However, if you choose to leave me a message here on my personal, know I will get back to you as quickly as possible. Thank you, have a good one." Her voicemail picked up and as soon as her professional voice ended, the beep picked up and my mind went blank.