Chapter Thirty•Five- A Royal Shower

Ever since  the baby kicked Rey was better ... not entirely but better nonetheless.

She was eating and not just because she had to , because she craved the sweetest things and the spiciest foods.

"You'll be back soon right?" Rey asked as Ben was packing for India .

"As soon as possible ... I promise " he kissed the top of her head.

"Ben... what if I go into labor before you're back ?!" She worried .

"I'll rush home as quickly as I can ... I promise love" he rubbed her belly.

"My shower is in a couple days ... you're mother is throwing it against my will..." she sniffled "I'll miss you Ben"

He kissed her fully on the mouth and then closed his suitcase .

*

Rey's eight month belly perched out in front of her as the guests were arriving in the gardens for the party.

Leia had planned it beautifully with little tea sandwiches and sweets . There was a large table full of gifts for the new royal child that's was growing in her .

Plenty of woman made assumptions on the gender some saying it's a boy because she's carrying high others say it a girl because she's carrying high .

Some woman moved around and said it's a strong kicker meaning it's a boy while others said it's a girl .

Leia and Rey both said they don't care as long as it's happy and healthy .

"Reyhanne " she turned to see Jessika , Poe's wife and her old friend .

"Oh jess !" She squealed and hugged her as bet as she could .

"Oh Rey you're glowing !" She smiled rubbing her hand over Rey's stomach.

"Thank you jess ... you're too kind ..." she blushed and then the baby kicked "the baby think so too" Rey smiled and the two began to laugh .

"Your majesty Reyhanne" Bazine Netal said walking forward in a sliver dress and her hair in a tight bun like most of the ladies .

"Oh ... hello Bazine" Rey smiled .

"I can't simply fathom that you are pregnant... just yesterday you were getting married to the Czar's apprentice! Being plucked from your simple little boring farm life to become something of higher standards ... oh I'm sorry this is ?"

"Oh ! This is my sister-in-law Jessika ... she married my older brother Poe, we grew up together "

"Charming" Bazine flashed a fake smile and Jessika sighed . "Reyhanne where is his majesty ?"

"Oh , Ben had to go to India for the tea trade tax ... it's awful what the British are taxing them so he's helping..." Rey said as she rubbed her belly.

Her baby was kicking as if it was saying ''mommy I don't like this lady.... I want Aunty Jessika !"

"Oh ... wonderful ... but you're so close to your due date ... you could give birth at any moment"

"I know ... I have Leia and Jessika and my family as well as Ben's father and uncle ... I'll be fine " she assured her .

"Well... with a farm girl helping like Jessika I'm sure she's birthed a handful of calves !" She smirked .

Jessika gasped and Rey grabbed her hand "excuse me Bazine ... I need to use the restroom" Rey pulled Jessika .

*

"And this one is from Mrs. Illons" Leia  said handing Rey a box . She untied the ribbons and smiled .

"Oh thank you !" Rey smiled .

"And this one is from Ms. Netal" and Bazine smiled .

Rey opened it to see a steal pacifier. "Oh ....this is ... thank you Bazine "

"And this one is from Mrs. Kenobi" Leia said and Jessika smiled at Rey.

"Oh jess" she gushed "you didn't... oh jess !" She smiled .

"When Rey and I were little we used to play house and pretend to he mommies ... Rey's baby or sack of flour always had a yellow scarf with drawn on teddy bear ... so when I found out she was pregnant I began sewing on this ... a real yellow scarf with a stitched in teddy bear" Jessika smiled .

Rey hugged her and kissed her cheek "you're too sweet !"

"And ... this is one is from han and I" Leia said handing her a box . "Han's mother got this for me when we found out we were having Ben ..." she handed her a gold box with detailing "It was a good luck for us .... this locket ... it has Han's birthstone and mine... we put in Ben's and now yours and soon your babies" she smiled and placed the golden locket on her .

"Oh Leia ! Thank you!" Rey hugged her mother in law.

"Am I too late ?" She turned to see Ben with a large bouquet of pink and yellow roses .

"Ben !" Rey smiled and waddled over to him to hug him. "I thought you said you'd miss this ?-"

"Miss this ? Never " he kissed her .

-A.N.-
I had s horrible day and I've been napping since like 4:30 to 9 and I'm going back to bed because I'm still tired ... goodbye !

-Joey