The cold air of the end of November is as cold as my soul and heart, cold, hard and unforgiving. In ten minutes, I reach Louis' parlour, and as I continue running down the street and towards the edge of the street, I notice someone's body, causing me to stop abruptly and slip from the snow and onto the ground. The man is standing next to Alfredo with so much power, even though I can't even tell who is it. It's not Conall, though, Conall's body is wider, and this man is a bit taller.

He is watching me, I can feel his eyes on me, and I keep my gaze on him, trying to figure out who he is. As I start to get up, the man slowly turns around and walks into the forest, disappearing. I wet my lips and swallow, encouraging myself to continue my way.

I keep my eyes and ears alerted to any weird movements around me as I follow that man into the forest. Once I reach the forest, I take out my gun and load it, preparing myself for any attack. As I begin walking inside the forest, I hear faint whispers coming from afar, making me hold my gun tighter in my hand.

"Tallulah." I hear a singing voice from beside me, though I don't turn to it, I keep walking.

"Tallulah." The voice sings again, this time, from the other side.

The darkness of the forest frightens me, but I swallow that fear and continue. I have walked many times in the dark, I will be fine. I hear a faint whizzing sound from around, making me breathe deeply.

"Tallulah!" The shout that erupts through the silent and dark forest makes my heart drop to my feet. The shout echoes through the forest before it slowly disappears. I continue walking again, taking cautious and slow steps every time. Suddenly, I feel a quick sprint of air passes from behind me, making me stand still.

Clenching my jaw, I decide to look behind me, but there is nothing, the darkness settles everywhere. With a deep breath, I look forward again, and I almost lose my sanity when I see nothing but a pair of shining, literally shining, green eyes. Immediately, I take a few steps back quickly, taken aback by this.

In a second, those eyes disappear before I feel the presence of someone beside me. My breath hitches in my throat and I slowly lower my gun.

"The beautiful Tallulah." I hear the same voice again as I feel a hand on my hair.

Another hand grips my waist and I'm pulled back against a firm and strong body. My hands start to shake, but I keep myself together and say, "Get off of me."

As I move to get away from him, he holds me tightly and says, "Not so soon, Tallulah."

Suddenly, my gun is taken away from me, and the part we are in in the forest lightens up, revealing the endless trees, with three men standing under one particularly, one that has my mother and brother tied to it.

"No!" I shout, struggling to run towards them, though the man tightens his grip around me. I keep moving in his grip, feeling my heart beating loudly to save them and get them out of here.

"You can't, angel," The man chuckles. "There are Silver Stones around them."

Silver Stones can make the most powerful, powerless and useless. It can kill and be destructive, and it is banned.

"You think you're Miss Perfect?" The man hisses in my ears as I watch in pain my brother and mother both crying. "You think you can save the world from the bad ones? You think you can be the hero in this story? You're nothing but a filthy-blooded, Tal."

I let out a gasp as soon as I hear the nickname. There's only one person in our village who calls me Tal, and that's Wren's father, Ragnar. The fear vanishes and instead, anger rises. Anger for how manipulative this man is, how deceitful and ungrateful he is.