Ch. 11

It was awkward at first. Not the kind of awkward where you two are sitting there and both of you don't know what to say and both of you like one another. No. No. This is far from it. This kind of awkward is worse. It is worse than the time I stubbed my pinky toe and ended up with it broken. Yeah, it's that bad. We have so much to say, but we don't know where to start. We are waiting for each other to stay something, but we are afraid to break the silence. We are sitting here on Alex's couch wanting to do something but not knowing what to do. We enjoy the presence of each other's blossoming friendship, but we hate the feel of one another so close after so long. We like not talking, but we hate the deafening silence even more. See, this whole thing is one big contradiction.
" How have you been?"
Alex. Always Alex to have the guts to break the ice or try something new and scary.
" Really? After all this time that's the only thing you could come up with?" A hint of playfulness is present in my voice.
"What? You know I'm not the type for that sentimental shit."
"Well, things change. People change. You changed."
" I thought we were over that."
"You thought wrong. That hurt. How do I know that you aren't going to leave again?!"
"Dylan, please. I came to you. Drop the sass."
"Let's just start off as acquaintances and go from there."
"Whatever it takes to get your friendship back."

HEY IM SOMEWHAT BACK PLEASE GIVE ME IDEAS. I WILL GIVE CREDIT TO YOU. I PROMISE. I HAVE WRITERS BLOCK.