Chapter Fifteen

Chapter Fifteen

Two weeks.

Two weeks of daily visits from Cal, slowly lessening.

Two weeks of loneliness and confusion.

Two weeks of not knowing the hell I'm supposed to do.

And two weeks of seeing Cal drift away, and towards Chasity.

I know I'm supposed to be happy for him, because most likely I'm never going to wake up, he used to come in my room and spend hours either talking or holding my hand while working. He brought his work in here daily, I'm not really sure why he felt the need to bring it in here but I wont object, I enjoy holding his hand. In the beginning he would come in my room and just sob, I felt the tear drops on my arm and cheek when he would kiss my forehead. But now, now he barely comes in here, I saw him this morning before breakfast, its almost midnight now.

I saw him kiss Chasity again, I tried to stay longer and watch what would happen next, how far he'd go with her but I could never go through with it, the pain was too much.

I never thought I would even feel pain, I never thought I would care this much about him, but I do, I tell myself I don't. But I know I'm lying to myself. I don't 'love' him, please, but I've never felt a bigger connection before, and I thought this connection was stronger than the other girls, but after seeing him and Chasity, I guess it wasn't. He talked about his bad past, and I got the feeling that he wasn't used to big realationships or anything really. I'm his first, or I thought I was. I wanted to be his first too.

      Not first in that way you dirty freaks, I mean first serious person he's committed too.

      I know that's ridiculous because we're in the selection and all but I still wanted to be his first, and his only. A loud thump stopped my thoughts, it was coming from out of my room. Moving towards the door I opened I saw Chasity at the end of the hall and Cal at the other side, he was next to my door.

      "Stop thinking about her! It's all you do I mean come on!" She yelled throwing her hands in the air, I'm gathering he came to my room and Chasity isn't too happy about that.

       "I'm sorry Chasity, baby I'm really trying to be with you and not her it's just hard, I have to make sure she's okay. She's apart of the selection to you know." Baby? FREAKING BABY? What the hell. I thought to myself, I couldn't even watch this.

      "But remember I'm-"

      "I know I know, come here," he said opening his arms to he, and like the stupid bi-jerk she is, she ran to his arms. I couldn't even dare to watch, I don't know why I was watching. But I couldn't look away either, he patted her back while she fake sobbed, I knew it was all an act and fake but I can't believe he fell for it, he's better then that, or I thought he was. Just when I was about to leave Chasity backed away, oh thank goodness.

      "Cal?" She sniffles, oh that fake litt-

      "Hmm?" He asked looking into her eyes, he really does interrupt me, no matter what, even if I'm in a weird dimension or whatever where I can see but nobody can see me, he still does it., I'm so tired of this dream crap, when will it be over, is it even true, or real? Her sniffles brought me back to reality.

     "I-I love you," she stuttered, no I can't, no this isn't okay, she can't just, that's it fair. I was already in tears while I awaited his answer. We never used that word or discussed it before, I never liked that word. Thought it was over rated, I only liked to use it on people I really thought deserved it, and when it comes to relationships I thought it was the biggest deal, so when people go all Willy Molly and use it, I hate it.

      Cal looked up at her with a small smile that quickly faded as he spoke, "okay." He said then turning away, not to enter my room, he passed that, but just kept walking.

***

Okay okay I have some explaining to do, most chapters are going to be short because I have to finish this book to start the Third one. The reason for that is because I'm homeschooled now and as part of my English class we do creative writing, (my moms an author so she teaches it, probably where I got me enjoying writing from) so we will write the third book together then I will be posting on wattpad, so expect much better content, I will try to make this good but no promises, okay see you next Friday, goodbye! BC ITS SO SHORT I GOT A DOUBLE UPDATE FOR YALL. BUT DONT FORGET TO COMMENT, more comments more updates.

See you next Friday!

Comment your theories and thoughts on what's going to happen I would love to know.

Your comments and votes inspire me to update more so keep up, the more comments the more updates.

Update days: Friday

Have a lovely weekend

-Maddy