Chapter One

Y'all before my second book starts I would like to personally thank nkn333 she's like my bestie and if wasn't for her I'd still be on chapter 10 of the first book. She's helped me with some of my best ideas and without her, like I said. I never would of gotten this far. She also got a wattpad just for me so she'd read my stories, y'all she deserves a round of applause. 👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼

******

I heard a knock on the door and eagerly ran up to it knowing who was on the other side.

"Pumpkin, you don't have to run." He chuckled as soon as I opened the door and he saw me face. I blushed and he walked up to me. "Now, where too?" He asks.

"I thought you decide dates?" I asked, confused and worried. I couldn't pick something to do, what if he didn't like it?

"Well, I decided you should have a turn." He smirked.

"Hmm," I said completely unsure of what I wanted to do.

He took my hand and led me to the bed in my room sitting on the edge of the bed. He looked at my romper (of course I was wearing one, I don't like dresses) and realized it was a loose one. "Still hurting?" He asked, it's been a little over a month since the incident and now I can walk almost just fine the only thing is pressure on it still hurts.

"Yeah," I frowned. "But it's getting better," I added so he wouldn't worry. His face still had that worried look and I put my hand on his shoulder. "Cal, I'm fine." I smiled so he knew I was happy.

Stop this

Okay, you know what 'self conscious' you can shut up and be quiet. I may let myself like another man and so help me, I might get hurt. Everybody gets hurt and I would appreciate if you would just shut up and let me make my own decisions. If I want to kiss him, I'm going to kiss him. If I want him to be flirty with me, he's going to be flirty with me. And if you got a problem with that and want to tell me to stop. You can go put your complaints and commands in the trash can. Now if that's all you have to say I'm going to continue to have a good time and your going to shut up.

"I know, I'm just, Madeleine I'm worried about you." He said, I knew he was serious because he hated using my real name if he had the ability to call me 'pumpkin'.

"And I'm worried about you, don't worry about me. I'll be okay." I comforted him, when he looked down with a frown. He spoke again.

"It's just, I could have done something." He said with a mumble.

"Hey," I said pulling his chin so he was looking at me. "It's okay," I said. Truth was I wasn't really okay but I'm going to be and I needed his support. He cupped my cheek with his hands and leaned in to kiss me. I felt his smile against my lips when I didn't pull away. Eventually I pulled away and looked at him. "Hmm, I have an idea." I said.

"Anything," he smiled.

"Does this castle by any chance have an ice skating rink?" I asked worried that was a stupid question.

His face lit up when I said that and I knew his answer. "You know, I was waiting for a girl to ask that question. Of course it was you." He smiled and stood up putting his hand out for me.

"Thanks," I said pulling has hand to stand up. "Now where is this Ice skating rink?" I asked.

"You'll just have to follow me," he smirked and picked me up.

"Cal!" I screamed, "I can walk just fine." I said trying to get down.

"Yeah but that's no fun," he said with a boyish smile on his face. And didn't put me down.

"What if someone sees?" I whispered.

"Pumpkin, it's midnight. Their asleep." He jokes, we always had our dates at midnight, I have no idea why. But I love it and so does he do I don't question it.

***

"Cal!" I yelled while shuffling to the wall, "I can't do this." I said.

I felt his hands go around my waist as he pulled me away from the wall. "Ice skating is fun, once you get the hang of it." He smiles, "besides your a dancer this should be easy."

"A land dancer! Not ice," I pointed out and he laughed. "Shut up," I mumbled.

"Here," he said spinning around slightly taking me with him. "Just pretend your running, wait no, just walk and glide." He corrected himself, "I'll hold your waist so you don't fall." He said gripping my waist tighter.

"What if I fall?" I asked.

"You won't," he said in the most reassuring tone I've ever heard. Before I could respond he let go of my waist and turned himself so he was facing me and grabbed my hands. "Now skate forward, I can skate backwards, I think." He added.

"Okay," I giggled, what was with me today I rarely giggled?

I starting attempting to move forward walking and picking up my skates and walking forward but then Cal stopped me. "No no, glide." He corrected, I gave a confused look and he continued. "You know how sometimes on wood floors when your in your socks you slide and then glide?" I nodded, "do that." I let out an 'oh' and did exactly that.

"Like this?" I asked while sliding and gliding.

"Perfect," he smiled. He let go of my hands and I freaked out but surprisingly didn't fall over. "Now go faster, it's fun." He suggested and I did just that.

I was amazed with how cool this was, I was still wobbly and not perfect but I was getting the hang of it.

As I was going faster, I was nearing the wall and tried to turn. But my foot slipped and I fell causing myself to hurt my ankle.

"Madeleine!" Cal screamed and came towards me as fast as he could.

"Ow," I mumbled. I looked at my ankle due to all the pain it was causing.

He moved his hand to my ankle and lightly touched it and I winced while he quickly pulled away. "Sorry," he said.

"It's okay," I said, even though I truly wasn't because this hurt.

"Can you walk?" He asked.

"I think." I said while taking his hand and getting up, as soon as I put pressure on it I almost doubled over until Cal caught me.

"you need to stop getting hurt," he jokes. While picking me up and skating over to the exit.

"Accident prone," I shrugged.

"Accident prone is cute on you," he says kissing me.

I used to be careful about him helping me and being nice, but now. I didn't care much, I trusted him and I wasn't treating him the way he deserved to be treated. I got mad at the dumbest things and I promised myself I'd be different now. I like Cal, more than I thought I ever would and I'm going to compete for him, if I don't win than that will be fine. I don't know if I love him, I'm almost too scared to fall in love with him, there's still that fear inside of me.