Chapter Nine

Okay I hope this chapter explains better why I let this happen, and I'm sorry she keeps getting hurt. (Not perfectly explain but you'll start to get it....probably next chapter doe) comment your thoughts while reading, I wanna know how y'all feel during chapters, especially this one.

Don't expect me to do this a lot but, I got a song for this chapter

Please don't go - Joel Adams
***

"Madeleine, baby, listen to me," I heard a voice say. Who the hell is calling me baby? I thought it was Cal but he'd never call me baby, he's not like that, unless somethings up.

"Your highness please back away," I heard another voice say. So it was Cal, and he was calling me baby, something is very wrong.

"No! No! I can't leave her," he screamed, I could hear his voice getting farther and then back to close to me.

"Your highness, do you want her to die!" The other man screamed, okay. So something is up, something really bad.

I finally got the courage to open my eyes and took a big breath. I heard Cal gasp and ran to me squeezing my hand.

"Oh madeleine," I stopped his bombard of questions before it could even start due to the pain that just hit me.

"Cal, it's so loud," I squeaked realizing my screaming headache.

"I'm sorry Pumpkin, I'll fix it." I felt his hands go over my ears and he yelled.

"Everyone be quiet!" But it was only muffled for me due to him covering my ears.

"Better?" He asked moving his hands, I couldn't even answer anymore at this point, it hurt so bad, everything hurts so bad. I just want to sleep, I just want to close my eyes and rid the pain.

"Madeleine, hey stay with me," I heard Cal say but I was too deep in my pain to even try.

***

Cals pov (may the squealing start)

"Hey, hey stay with me please," I said not wanting to lose her again, I've lost her enough times I don't know if I can deal with that pain again.

She didn't answer, her eyes were closed and there was no possibility of them opening again. She was bleeding out faster than I thought was possible and I had no idea what to do.

"We need to get her to the hospital wing, get a stretcher!" The doctor screamed, I shoved my hands under her back and picked her up.

"I got her, let's go," I said, she was light, lighter than I thought she should be. Was she not eating? No, no she's happy it's okay, don't worry about that right now. Everyone was screaming for them to get out of my way to get her there faster, and commanding the selected what to do.

I felt a grip on my arm and I looked at her, her eyes were open. I didn't say anything this time, she wanted to say something and I wasn't going to bombard her again.

"Cal?" She asked in a bare whisper that hurt me to hear knowing how much pain she was in.

"Yeah pumpkin, what do you need, I can get you anything just name it," I said trying to stop my ranting and just let her talk, I was so worried I didn't even think about anything but her. What I was doing before, what happened to the rebels, the other selected, I only cared for her safety right now.

"It's too loud, and my head hurts," she whimpered, I noticed tears going down her face and I almost broke at that moment.