Chapter 29 // Camping Part 2: I'll Fall With You, No Matter Where

Bắt đầu từ đầu

   “Kaoru and her boyfriend are…uhm…aren’t really on good terms right now. Miyako and her boyfriend too.” I say, slightly frowning. She sadly smiles as she placed her chin in the palm of her hand.

   “I wonder what its like to fall in love. I’ve never been in love before, really.” She sighs. Then her gaze shifted to the cafeteria window. Miyako and I looked at the direction where she looked out. Sure enough, Blane was there with…the rowdy’s.

   “Oh, you do?” Miyako smiles, Casey shrugs. “Yeah. So what does it feel like? I mean, what do you feel to know you’re in love?” She asks as her eyes twinkle. Miyako giggles.

   “I’m not really the love expert at things like this but I can tell you one thing,” Miyako says as she leaned her elbows on the table. Casey listens attentively and I just watch the both of them. “, love is a wonderful feeling. I don’t know what you feel to know you’re in love…but I know that you just feel happy and safe to be with that special person. You have a good time with him, you miss him, and you look forward every morning to see him. You love seeing his smiles, you want him happy. When he’s sad you feel as though you’re sad too. Love is…” She stops. She smiled sadly. I know she’s remembering Boomer and I know how much she misses him. She misses him just as much as I miss Brick.

   “Love is like a math situation. It’s complicated.”

  “That’s deep…” Casey says. I laughed. “It sure is!” I agreed and nudge Miyako in her sides. “Since when did you become the love doctor?” I laugh as she pouts. “Heyyy…” She whines. I chuckled and glanced outside the window. Sure enough, the boys were still there laughing and talking. My eyes landed on Brick. He was smiling and laughing with his brothers and Blane.

   I didn’t know I was already staring at him when Miyako slightly nudge me at my side making me remove my eyes from him. I looked at Miyako and she gave me a knowing smile. A smile that says, “Go talk to him. He won’t listen but tell him what he wants to hear”

   I swallow the lump in my throat and nodded as a reply. I stood up and,

   “Hey, uhm, I have something to do. See you guys later?” I say nervously. Casey was too busy staring at Blane dreamily but I was fine with that. Miyako grins at me and clapped her hands together and mouthed “Good luck”

   I smile and walked towards the cafeteria door where Usa had just walked in. “Hey, where are you going?” She asks. “Outside” I smile. Her left eyebrow raise and a smirk played on her lips. “Yes, I can see that. Where to, I mean?”

  I roll my eyes but I was smiling. “Shut up. Ask questions later, yeah?” I said and walked out before she can say another smart-ass word of hers. Seriously. I shake my head and smiled to myself. She already knows what I’m going to do, so why ask?

  She just wants to make me say it. I turn around the corner and quickly stepped back and leaned my back to the wall, hoping that they didn’t saw me. Brick was currently talking with Miss Keane. Boomer was talking with Blane with his hands in his pocket and Butch seems to be nowhere in sight.

   Where did he go? Oh who knows? My thoughts are focused on Brick right now. I catch a few bits of their conversation.