Poolside fun

Topanga's POV

I sat in my now empty hotel room wondering what to do with myself. My husband and children had all went off to enjoy themselves on the resort, I deserve to have a little fun too. I didn't have to wonder for much longer because I soon received a text message from my best friend Katy. She wanted to know if I'd like to hang out downstairs at the poolside bar, to which I happily obliged of course. I always knew that whenever I spent time with Katy we would have the best time no matter what we were doing.

"Hey pretty lady!" said Katy, her face lit up as soon as she saw me. She had already had a seat saved and a drink waiting for me. "She knows me so well" I thought to myself.

---------

Topanga took her seat next to Katy at the bar and took a sip of her tropical drink. She already felt more relaxed and she'd only been there for few minutes at most.

"So how are you liking Hawaii so far?" asked Katy.

Topanga finished off her drink and requested another. "Loving it. I definitely needed this getaway. I feel like I'm expected to be some kind of superwoman at home so I never get a break and being able to relax with no worries is really nice"

Katy nodded and smirked slightly at how fast her friend had finished her drink already. Of course, it was typical Topanga. "I know exactly what you mean. Alexis can be a handful at times, not to mention I'm still working full time. Luckily I have Shawn. I swear that man is a saint, I don't know what I'd do without him"

"What's that like? Raising another baby after so long?" questioned Topanga.

"It's been an experience, that's for sure. I never thought I'd have another kid and this is Shawn's first, so it's been a learning experience for both of us. It's absolutely amazing, though. Alexis is a blessing and now we couldn't imagine life without her"

Katy tilted her head curiously as she read Topanga's face for a response and wondered what brought on the question.

Topanga paused for a moment to take in what Katy told her. "I'm really happy for you guys. I see how you guys are with her and you all just seem so..happy."

"Are you and Cory thinking about having another baby? If so, I'd say go for it."

"Well, we discussed it once. It's just never seemed like the right time"

Katy leaned in closer to the brunette and placed her hand on top of Topanga's hand. "Trust me, if you keep waiting for the "right time" it'll never happen. There really isn't a "right time". You just sort of know."

Topanga ordered them both a round of shots as they continued talking and enjoying each other's presence, the cool breeze, and salty air. "Topanga, are you sure we should be ordering all these? said Katy with a laugh.

Topanga waved it off nonchalantly. "Oh, yeah. It's fine. I'll just charge it to my room. No big deal."

Katy shrugged and took another shot. A few rounds later, the women were both considerably wasted at this point and couldn't stop giggling.

Just then, "Shut up and Dance" by Walk the Moon started playing through the speakers. "Come on Topy!" shouted Katy as she grabbed Topanga by the hand and over to an open area near the pool.

Without a care in the world, they danced their hearts out as if no one were watching. In that moment, they felt so free and alive. All of their troubles and worries seemed so small until they completely faded away.

Topanga and Katy were having so much fun that neither of them realized just how close they were to the pool. Topanga took one step backwards and ended up falling right into the pool, taking Katy with her. The women immediately erupted into laughter as they splashed around fully clothed in the pool.

Maya's eyes widened as her and Riley walked out to the pool area with Farkle and Lucas close behind them. "Is that our moms?!"

"Oh my gosh it is!" exclaimed Riley. She grabbed Maya's arm and ran towards their mothers.

When Katy and Topanga spotted their daughters running towards them, they both had guilty looks on their face, knowing they had been caught.

"Are you guys okay?" asked a concerned Riley as she held out her hand to help her mother out of the pool. Maya did the same for Katy.

"Yeah we are AWESOME! How about you guys?" said Katy, swinging her wet hair back and forth to the music.

A small smile formed on Maya's face and she eyed them both suspiciously.

"Wait..are you guys..drunk?" she asked.

Before Katy had a chance to respond, Topanga chimed in. "Yes. We are." she placed an arm around Katy. "So let this be a lesson to you kids. Never drink. Ever."

Riley and Maya both exchanged "what the hell" looks with each other while they watched their moms happily stumble away.