2.

It was no doubt that, that night Jade had gotten in trouble. She tried to explain that she had fell in the woods, but her scratched up overalls and leaves in her hair was just another one of the many lies that Jade told, in her foster mom's eyes.

I mean so what, she lies a little bit, everybody lies at some point.

Jade lies often, well all the time.

Jade is a sneaky, creative child, that's why she had no problem sneaking Perrie in her bedroom that night. Her mom was basically passed out on the couch so when she opened the door, she made Perrie run up the stairs and wait. All of her other siblings are pretty much older than her, so they get to stay out later than Jade does.

As soon as Jade slammed that door, even though she's always told not to, her mom was up and lectureing Jade about being irresponsible. That's when her summer went out the window.

She didn't care though, she had Perrie. She was excited to talk to Perrie and ask her about her life. She had friends, but she never had a friend like this.

That night they sat up for hours in a clubhouse they built, Perrie had never built a clubhouse, her face was filled with so much joy, for the first time since she's been there, on a whole new planet, Perrie laughed. It was a laugh Jade had never heard before, it made her laugh even harder. Perrie laughed so hard that, the strange tattoos on her face began to turn yellow.

"Woah!" Jade says with amsument. "Your, your tattoos are turning yellow."

"My what?" Perrie asks, unsure of what tattoos are.

"On your face, your markings."

Perrie touches her face and she feels the warmth on her cheeks. Her eyes close and she smiles. The warmth on her cheeks makes her happy. She couldn't even remember the last time they had turned yellow.

Happiness.

She looks at Jade and just smiles. She had never met somebody that could turn her emotions like that.

"Jade, you have made me happy." Perrie says. She grabs Jades hands and places them on her cheeks. Her small hands cover Perries cheeks and she feels the warmth. Its not a warmth that's she's felt before. This warmth made her just as happy.

"I do not remember that last time my emotions turned yellow." She say.

Jade smiles and removes her hands slowly. She never felt something like that, it felt good, it made her happy too, she never thought that she could make someone that happy. She just felt someone's happiness, it was weird, but she liked it.

"Say, you got a best friend?" Jade asks

"You are my only friend Jade."

Jade smiles, she already knew that she wanted to be this odd girls best friend. Jade felt like she wasn't as odd with Perrie here and she won't have to be the only odd one.

She didn't even have to say it, Jade knew that they were going to be best friends.

The rest of the night the two girls talked and shared stories about their lives.

Perrie explained how her parents grew tired of keeping her around, they wanted boys. For years she had to be brought everywhere throughout the Galaxy, fighting, and hurting others on different planets. She couldn't fight, she wasn't strong like her brothers, she never believed in violence and that's what her family was about. Her planet was beautiful, she can't lie she misses it. She knows in that there is no way for her to go back home now.

"That sucks, I know what its like to feel different in your family though." Jade shrugged. "But you're not alone anymore. I'll make sure you never feel lonely again, promise." Jade says holding out her pinky.

Perrie looks at Jades pinky confused, she held out her pinky too, out of curiosity. Jade connected their pinkys and smiles.

"What does this mean?" Perrie asked

"It's me promising to you that you'll never feel alone again, this is like a signature using our hands." Perrie just smiles, cheeks turning yellow once again.

"What about your family?" Perrie suddenly asked.

"What about them?" Jade shrugs

"I've told you about mine, you said your family left you too, why?"

Jade bites down on her lip and stares at the ground. She doesn't like talking about her parents that much, but Perrie opened up about hers, and they are best friends now, best friends don't keep secrets.

"Well, all I know is they lived somewhere in Europe, I guess they were bad people, they stole from people, they hurt people, and they were just horrible horrible people." She shrugs. "My foster mom says when I was found, I was nearly dead, my body was so cold from being left out by some river, they thought I was already gone, but things happen, I don't know, I always felt like I was meant to be here for some reason, I could be dead."

Jade looks back up at Perrie and her cheeks are a gray color. She's confused no doubt on what her emotions could possibly be this time.

"I am so sorry Jade."

Sorrow.

"Its no big deal, I don't know them and I'm alive, so it's okay." She smiles. "Cmon its almost six in the morning, we should try to get some sleep, at least a little bit." Jade says trying to change the subject before she starts to get emotional.

The two girls lay back on the blankets and Jade pulls another blanket on top of them. Jade turns over on her side and faces away from Perrie. She sighs and closes her eyes, it has been forever since she talked about her patents. She's doesn't regret anything though.