♡Chapter 1♡

♡Maya♡

Monday.

Dear uhm...diary? I don't really know what to say here because Riley gave this thing to me so I guess it's special....I'm supposed to write in it and "deal with my feelings" in here...I don't get why, Riley Is always there to help me get through my own feelings.

So, this is private right? I can tell this thing anything and nobody else will see it? Well I  hope so, because what I'm about to say is something Riley CANNOT KNOW. I mean, I guess I'll tell her at somepoint, but defiantly not now. Huh, who knew, it's even hard to come out to a diary. Well, I'm gay. That's what I'm dying to get off of my chest and honestly, writing it felt a lot better! I've felt this way for a long time and I've only really had feelings for girls.
Well, I mean there was that one Lucas incident where Riley thought I liked him but I guess I really didnt.

But, I kinda have a problem. So you see....I uh...like Riley. I mean, what's there not to like?! She's beautiful, caring and perfect and well.....Straight. That's a tiny issue... for me at least. I doubt she even is close to feeling the same way about me. She likes Lucas. Not me. Or Farkle. But I mean...I can totally tell that Farkle is gay... at least I'm pretty sure anyways, maybe if I tell him about my Sexuality he'll open up to me. Not sure. Anyways back to Riley, God I love her. She's so amazing and every time I see her my heart skips a beat and I nearly die inside when I see her and Lucas. I don't want anything to happen to our friendship but I don't just love her as a friend.

Well, I guess I should wrap this up. I never know how to end this kinda stuff. But uh...well I'll keep you updated.

Wish me luck♡

-Maya

I close the glittered black diary and shove it under my bed. Nobody wants to go under there so it's the safest place for me to hide it. If somebody saw it, I'd be dead. Although I'm thinking about telling Farkle today. But knowing what he did to Riley on New Years eve...he might make me do that as well...
I grab my lunch money sitting on my desk, zip up my backpack and head over to Riley house for breakfast. I usually climb put my window to do so, it's kinda our thing so we can meet at the bay window.

"Mom! I'm leaving!" I yell out of my bedroom door as I head out the window and I hear a faint yell behind me saying,

"Goodbye! Have a good day at school!" She was about to head over to Topangas diner in town for her early shift so our time frames for school and work ended up working out good.

I get onto the fire escape of my window and climb up the steps one level to reach Rileys window. It sure was beautiful up here, seeing the city from another level. Sure, I see it everyday but I like looking over it like this...it feels like I'm the queen or something...don't really know, it's just cool I guess.

I open the bay window to see Riley sitting there, as usual and looking perfect. My heart jumped as she looked and smiled at me.

"Good morning Maya!" She says, her voice as enthusiastic as always, her voice still weak and dry from waking up.

"Mornin." I reply. "So, what's for breakfast this Morning! I'm starved!"
Riley rolled her eyes teasingly and placed her arm around my shoulder. "The usual, eggs and bacon." She says, not as enthusiastic.
"Again?!" I groan. She looks at me with her big Brown eyes and smiles.

"Tomorrow well have pancakes." She giggles.

"YAY!" I yell, slightly too loud. "Pancakes make me happy okay?" I chuckle and Riley giggles back.

"Okay." She smiles and we get up and head out the door towards the kitchen, arm in arm. It made me happy. It reminded me that I loved her, but it crushed me that she didn't know. But I convinced myself I would talk to Farkle about it today, no chickening out.

"Mornin Topanga." I say, sitting at the kitchen table as the kind mother hands me a plate with my breakfast.

"Good morning Maya! Did you sleep well?"

"I slept fine Mrs Matthews howabout you." I bantered.

"Well, I slept just swell Miss Hart." She chuckled.

I nodded and continued to eat, Riley sat next to me as well after she said her goodmornings and soon enough we both finished breakfast when Cory came into the kitchen.

"Are you kidding me?!" Cory Facepalmed.

"Morning dad."

"Mornin Mr Matthews!" I chuckle.

"I thought I was gonna beat you two at eating breakfast today and now I have to take it to go....AGAIN." He states, teasingly but as well dissapointed.

"Nope, let's go Mr. Matthews!" I tease, Riley follows, Taking my hand like she usually does.
My breath quickens and so does my heart as her hand is grasped into mine. I smile and blush without realising it.

"Maya?"

"Yes Riles?" I say, oblivious.

"Your face is really red. Are you okay?" Riley touches my cheek, worried.

"WHAT UH...NO..UHM I'M FINE!" I overreact. I gulp nervously. Riley just rolls her eyes playfully. "Okay...whatever you say." She smiles and we head into the car  with Cory shoving his food into his mouth, trying to finish before he gets into the car. Successful with a mouth full, he throws the paper plate into the trash can on the sidewalk and hops into the car.

"Ready girls?" He smiles and looks back at the two of us in the back seat..
"Today's gonna be a great day!" He says optamistically.

I hope so....I'm nervous about talking to farkle.

I think in my head but I reply with a simple.

"Yep!" Riley lays on my shoulder and adds,

"Ready as we'll ever be."