Chapter Twenty One*

*lot of switches in point of views*

Althea Williams POV

That morning had started off like any other; we woke from a peaceful sleep, in the arms of our loved ones. But there was a think tension in the air that led me to believe it would be a very eventful day; everybody was so tense and ready for a fight. It was seen in the bright glimmers of our eyes, the way we were so alert, our muscles tensed at every second.

I would fight to the death for my loved ones. And while I was fighting, I would think of Gabby, of my dead best friend, of a loved lost, and another rekindled. I would fight for the welfare and protection of this pack, to my last breath.

Anna Williams POV

Everything was darkness. My body had shut down days ago, my mind in overdrive yet my limbs immobile. I had accepted my prolonged death; I would never see my family again, never love or be loved. Darkness was surrounding my thoughts and feelings, and I was ready to die.

The only lightness that shone was at night. The moon was blazing angrily, full and at its peak. I soundlessly cried every night to the moon goddess, begging for the safety and happiness of my pack, of my parents and of my siblings.

I understood why I was put in this position. It was my karma for all the bad things I had done to my sister, my pack. For neglecting my blood and believing water was thicker. I had been an utter fool, and it led me to this horrible place. Darkness and depression.

I'd never thought or believed in suicide before, but the thoughts had come crashing down all at once. I was used, I was worn and I was broken. No man would ever find me attractive after finding out the horrible things done to my body, the scars that laid upon my skin. I would never be looked at the same by my family or pack. I would be sympathised and pitied by many. I couldn't face them ever again.

I know who sexually, mentally, emotionally and physically abused me. Their scent was masked, but the coldness in their voice and eyes weren't. It was a voice I would hear on replay each day, his eyes flashing as he beat me.

I started to pray religiously, to a God and to the Moon Goddess. I wanted no more pain, I wanted silence and peace. I thought I would receive that when he came down the next morning, a cruel smile on his angelic face. But he only brought me more pain as he whispered "you're going home."

Dante Reed POV

Althea was a ghost of herself. Standing there, but mentally she was in another place. My mate was slowly losing herself in a pit of despair for her missing sister. But she was also overcome with grief from the revelation that none of this wasn't a sudden, irrational attack.

Everything was thought our probably, everything planned to happen at exact times. The death of her best friend, the birth of her god daughter, returning home, finding Jake again.

Somebody had a vendetta against my mate, but who was it?

Althea Williams POV

We were sitting in the pack house when we heard the loud howls of war, the thumping of paws that were miles away. The anger rippled off of us in waves as we all stood calmly, walking out together to meet them.

Hours ago, we had packed away the elderly and young wolves in the underground bunkers. The only people who had the code to get through the silver doors were my family, and a trusted pack member within the walls.

"They're close," I yelled as I felt the ground shake slightly. I looked to my left and right, watching as some wolves decided to shift to their natural form while some stayed human. We had around fifty hybrids on our side, courtesy of my grandparents. "Remember to stand your ground, kill every rogue you see. Do not hesitate, otherwise you will be the one bleeding out."