Chapter Seventeen*

Althea Williams POV

I woke up the next morning with a small smile. Today was my second date with Dante and to say I was happy was a bit of an understatement. He's been so kind and caring towards me, it was hard not to admit that I was falling in love with him.

As I sat there pondering about my feelings for Dante, Meegan, Mom, Anna, Gabby and Ciana had explosively walked into my room and made sure to slam my door shut. I slowly sat myself up in bed and raised my eyebrow at them as Meegan and Mom wore creepy smiles.

"What are you doing here?" I asked, my question directed towards Anna. She looked at her feet as she started to fidget nervously. "I wanted to help you get ready for your date with Dante," She whispered, raising her head to look me in the eyes. "And I also wanted to apologise for my recent behaviour. I was ignoring you because each time I look at you, I see the heartbroken look you gave me before you left. I can't bring myself to look at you without feeling guilt and loathing for myself."

I felt liquid pool in my eyes as I stared at my big sister.

"You're my little sister, Thee, and I let you down." Anna whispered as sobs shook through her body. A traitorous tear leaked down my face, followed by another and more.

"Anna, I forgive you." I whispered to her. She looked up from the ground, staring at me for the briefest second before launching into my awaiting arms. I held my older sister to me as she cried, her sobs so powerful that it was moving the both of us.

"I forgave you a long time ago, Annie."

~*~

My family had me ready in no time - and seeing as they had me pampered in an hour, they did an amazing job. With Mom's hair styling, Anna's makeup, Meegan painting and Gabby and Ciana's advice, I'd resembled a goddess. Ciana's words.

My hair was pin drop straight with a half up half down do, my makeup was flawless and accentuated my blue iris' and high cheekbones. The red colour of my lipstick matched the red painted on my nails and toes.

Now, it was up to me to decide what to wear.

Dante had told me the night before to dress simple, so I decided on my black denim skirt with a plain white shirt with a red and black flannel tied around my waist. I'd decided on wearing my trusty black combat boots.

After I'd gotten dressed, Mom insisted on getting photos of all us.

Ten minutes later, Dante was knocking on my bedroom door. With a large smile, I opened the door and was met with a beautiful sight. He was playing with his hand nervously as the other help a bouquet of white orchids.

His light blue eyes met mine and sightly widened as he stared at me. A blush decorated my cheeks at the intensity of his gaze as it travelled from my face, down. I found myself doing the same as I took in what he was wearing - black skinny jeans with a grey v-neck shirt and a pair of grey converses.

"You look beautiful." Dante whispered. "And you look handsome."

"These are for you." Dante said with as smile as he placed the flowers in front of me. I accepted them straight away and raised them to my nose to sniff them, and god did they smell nice.

"Have you got an over night bag?" Dante asked, raised eyebrow. I nodded my head at him and picked the bag up from beside me, slinging it over my shoulder.

Dante went to take it from me, but I narrowed my eyes at him in a dare. He simply smiled and placed his arm around my shoulder instead.

"Take good care of my daughter, Reed." Mom yelled after us as we said our goodbye. I rolled my eyes at her behaviour while Dante laughed.