The intricate machinery of publishing

What happens when you get published? 

First of all, you have to be open to constructive criticism. You'll most certainly have to make changes to your story, whether it's to be more precise, correct mistakes/typos/grammar. 

I received multiple versions of my story so I could work on my draft. Of course, I was guided throughout. I really enjoyed working with Adam, the editor, as I could see the changes he required and why he required them. I personally enjoy knowing why such changes are asked so I can better myself and my writing along the way.

Once the story was completely edited, it was time to present myself. I had to write a small blurb about who I am and my writing experience. As you know, there are many of us in Imagines and we had the chance to let the readers know what we're into. 

Things happened quickly after that. The cover was chosen and presented to us all in multiple versions. The shiny silver one was ultimately picked for Imagines.

We then received a few marketing tips to let readers know what was in store for them. Pictures, ads, social media; everything was mentioned.

The big day came on April 26 when Imagines was published! It was wonderful to finally share with readers the fruit of our labor.

Or course, this is only a glimpse of what it's like to be published since it was a short story. Multiply this by at least ten, work wise, for a full on novel you'd like published, which is what I wish for myself!