He grimaces, "Three days" my eyes widen at his reply, my gaze raking over his face once again before looking back at the pad before me. "Why haven't you been taking care of yourself!?" I write furiously before arching a brow up at him. He reads before looking up with a smile, a real smile, dimples winking, eyes shining type of smile. "I could actually hear you yell that at me" he says with a husky chuckle. I feel my heart beat rapidly, tingles working up and down my body as he smiles down at me.

I drop the pen on the pad, moving my hands slowly, I cup his cheeks in my palms softly, holding my breath as I lift my head timidly, testing myself as I move towards him. He grasps my wrists in both hands, a protest on his lips as I glare up at him, daring him to defy me. Skimming my bandaged lips across his brow, I place a kiss against his forehead, making my way down to both eyelids, his cheeks, his nose down to his chin before placing one last kiss against his lips.

"Three days" he whispers against me, his hands still holding my wrists lightly, "Three fucken days, I waited. You wouldn't respond to me back at the house, or the hospital. I got kicked out twice." His eyes close as he lets out a loud breath, "Thank God Knox was in the right mind for contacting Phillip or either I wouldn't have been able to see you after getting kicked out after the second time" He pauses, his breathing coming in hard fast pants, he growls "God Lina, when you didn't wake up after surgery I started to worry. But after two days and you still didn't wake up" his eyes remained closed as he pauses, a crease between his brows as he tries to compose himself. "I fucken panicked. I went on a rampage, I couldn't function properly, I thought, I thought you'd left me" he whispers, voice hoarse as he clutches onto me tightly, his hands no doubt leaving a bruise.

I pull out of his grip, just as he opens his eyes, my heart breaking in two as I see the vulnerability inside his black orbs, how deeply this had affected him. Pulling the pad over I scribble out a quick sentence. "Lay with me" he reads it quietly before standing. I point to his shirt, he lifts it taking it off before carefully crawling in, his big body taking up the whole bed. He lifts me into his arms, mindful of my jaw before slowly and softly placing me back down against his chest, snuggled against him as the loud thud of his heart eases the pain in my jaw.

Mama was right, when you meet the one, you just know. And bless her soul because right here, right now I already knew. Regardless of the short time frame or the unusual circumstances of how we even came to find each other, being here and feeling this, seeing him, like this it felt right, everything fell into place. Turning, I reach past him grabbing the pad and pen once more, I write once again. "I'll never leave you" before he picks it up to read. Once he drops the pad down beside him on the beside table, I take his hand entwining our fingers before placing them on his chest right in front of my eyes as he exhales loudly, "Never?"

I nod against his chest, tightening my fingers against his chest, Never. He shifts me till were both at eye level, "Promise?" I inwardly smile at the vulnerability hidden within his black orbs. I don't even hesitate, I pull out my pinkie my heart warming once again as his deep laugh echos through the quiet room once again, his large pinkie entwining with my own. Promise.

~*~*~*~

It's sometime later that I find myself being pulled to consciousness, easily feeling the warmth beside me. I turn towards the body next to me, expecting to see Kane's large body only to be met with a much smaller body. Small stubby little fingers wrapped around my arm, head full of black hair messily ruffled as he snores softly into my arm. I find myself assessing his features closely, his thick long lashes fluttering against his chubby rose colored cheeks. I lift my arm slightly, till its wrapped around him. I feel my heart warm as he snuggles in closer, his pink lips pulling up into a soft smile, his dimples winking momentarily as he snuggles closer into my chest. No doubt this kid is related to Kane, hence the infamous dimples.