Just a man and Just a girl

Elena pulled a bit out of the kiss whispering to Elijah-
"I tried so hard not to fall in love with you. But - it failed."

"It failed, ha?"- Elijah said gently rubbing of a bit of the wet from her cheeks raising his eyebrow a bit looking at her charmingly.

"Completely"- Elena said feeling her nose now running a bit and she huffed annoyed that their declaration of love was spoiled by this whole silly outburst of her crying.

"I am glad."- Elijah said dearly.

"Sorry- oh, I just messed up everything"- she said now putting her hand on her nose-

Elijah put her arms around here saying-"come on- let's find some handkerchiefs"

They walked back to the house and Elena went to the bathroom to wash her face.

In there, Elena took a moment to draw a deep breath and exhaled. She was in love. When? How? Like it mattered. It was there. And he felt the same. Could this be IT? But she was there before, she was promised love and the stars and it all crashed. And all she had heard about Elijah being this prince charming, but never stayed in a relationship for long. Can she risk her heart again? It was too late to contemplate, her heart screamed a big yes weeks ago.

Flashback

Waking up after the Afterparty in the loft.

Elena looked around finding herself in an unknown bed, but quickly pictures of a very passionate night popped up one after another, She sat up and found a red rose on the other pillow. She took it and smelled it smiling a little.

Elena got dressed and walked down to the living area of the loft where she was greeted by Klaus' girlfriend.

"Hey"- Elena said to the woman.

"Hey"- Hayley said back-"want some coffee?"

"No, thanks. I just need the bathroom and I am out of here"- Elena said placing the rose on the sofa.

Hayley directed her to it and went on reading something on the computer sipping her coffee.

In a little while, she got out asking for her bag.

"Ah, here"- Hayley gave it to her as it was put safely away under the kitchen counter.

"Thanks"- Elena said-"right. See you"

"Don't forget your rose"- Hayley reminded Elena as she was nearly out of the place-"Elijah had to wake up the florist to get it so early in the morning. He never does anything like that usually."

"Oh- yeah- right"- Elena returned picking up the rose and then left.

When she got to her modelling Agency later that day a huge bunch of roses waited there for her with a note

"My apologies for leaving so early this morning. Dine with me, tonight? 8:30, Daniel's! Elijah"

"The last of the gentlemanly kind!"- Elena muttered looking at herself in the mirror. He was attentive, kind, sweet besides being so very passionate and sexy. And it is the happiest she has ever been with a man, he made her feel safe, secure. That was what she desired the most. And one more thing- the even more important than all- that she could toatally be herself, and not this glamourous supermodel, but just a girl.

As she was not appearing, Elijah knocked at the bathroom door asking if everything was all right.

"Yeah-"- Elena said glancing at herself once more before she got out.