Chapter 10

(Picture of Rosa)

Touko's POV

"Don't be so angry," my agent says to me. 'Angry,' huh? Understatement of the century.

"Angry? I'm more than just angry!" I reply. "The man who tried to take over the World and is not afraid to murder someone to do so, as proven by him trying to do so with my mother, is out there doing Arceus knows what and what I'm I doing? Searching for him? Protecting the region? NO! I'm just on my merry way to pose and smile for some cameras, while the World falls into chaos!" I smiled bitterly. "But then again, this World's safety is definitely less important than my lovely picture, right?" I furiously spat out the last sentence.

I was currently on a helicopter headed to Nimbasa City. Against my will.

"Miss White, this press conference is to let the region you are the Champion and let them get to know you better. It is important. The Champion is someone who the people must trust, as they have such important roles."

I laughed. "And I'm fulfilling these important roles so effectively now."
She ignored me.

I turned my head to watch as we neared Nimbasa city. I didn't speak another word for the rest of the journey.

*******

I walked through the  Nimbasa City gym, not been seen by anyone. Thank Arceus. After a couple of wrong turns, I saw a welcoming light in the distance. This place sure was a maze. The bright neon lights burned my eyes, so when I saw the warm glow of sunlight in the distance, I nearly threw myself at the exit. I quickly made my way through the gigantic catwalk in the middle of the room. Just as I was about to exit the building, a familiar voice stopped me.

"Heading out, Champion?" I turned around and saw the Nimbasa city Gym leader, Elesa, staring at me. All the lights seemed to focus on her. She was wearing a golden skirt-top dress with a massive yellow fur coat; her red glasses seemed to make her electrifying gaze sharper. If you had never met Elesa, then you would probably be trembling in fear right now, as this was certainly not her nice 'model' attitude. However, I did know Elesa, so I stood my ground.

"I need some air," I told her, "I just feel as if I'm going to suffocate if I don't get some air," I held my hand to my forehead.

Elsesa winked and said, "go on then, I won't tell anyone."

I smiled and thanked her, then walked out of the gym.

However, I didn't get very far. Just as I was about to walk away from the gym, someone collided with me.

"Owieee," the girl who had collided with me said. She looked to be a bit younger than me. She had long brown hair pulled up in a piggy tail- bun fashion with a white and pink half open hat, and was wearing a white, blue and pink long sleeved top with yellow shorts and black leggings.

"I'm sorry," she said, looking up at me with big, sparkling, blue eyes.

"It's ok. Are you fine?" I asked with a polite smile.

She laughed, emitting a sound of bells jingling. "I'm alright. I guess I was so excited that I wasn't looking where I was going."

"Just be careful, ok? Don't get hurt," I said with a smile, this time genuine. She seemed really active and carefree, which made me feel content.

"Ok!" She smiled back. Then she looked at me closely, "have I met you before?"

I nervously said, "no."

"Yes I have," she said, grinning. Here we go... "you're the gym leader Cheren's friend."

"Huh?" I said surprised.

"I remember seeing you at his gym in Aspertia City! He was the first gym leader I faced, and I was his first challenger!"

"Oh, yeah! I remember you now! You had a Snivy. Your name is Rosa, right?"

"Yep, that's it! But I don't know yours, what is-"

"But you won the badge! Have you won any other badges?" I asked, trying to avoid her question.

Her face lit up. "I have! I've got three badges now! And soon I will have four," she said, looking at the gym behind me.

That immediately sparked my interest. "So you're challenging Elesa?"

Rosa nodded. Her expression of excitement and confidence gave me a somewhat nostalgic feeling.

"Have you ever challenged her?" She asked me.

"Yes," I laughed, "she's tough. Her Emolgas will volt- switch you until you feel like using frustration, and her ace will truly shock you!"

Rosa laughed. "I can't wait! But I'm going to win! I'm on my way to becoming Champion of Unova!" Her facial expression showed that she had just remembered something, "oh yeah! The new Champion of Unova will be here today at a special event! I even heard she will be battling one member of the audience!"

I feigned surprise, "really?"

"Yeah! And that's gonna be me! But first I will earn my badge- oh wait! I forgot! I was on my way to the main office of the amusement park! I found a Xtransceiver on the floor and I want to give it in at lost and found."

I laughed. "Then do so! I will be waiting in the gym. I want to see this battle between you and Elesa!"

"Really?! That's so cool! Ok, I will be back soon!" She then ran off.... in the wrong direction.

"Rosa! The office is that way!" I shouted, pointed in the other direction, but she was already gone. Oh well, she'll figure it out... eventually.

I laughed. It was so nice to see another trainer so excited to complete their dreams. Then my laughter died away when I realised that I used to be like that. I was once full of dreams and ambitions. So when did it all change?

I sighed. I guess this is what Alder meant. I've become Pokemon league champion, but I still felt empty. Ghetsis being free was also nagging at me. And of course, there was still him to worry about.

I unconsciously began waking towards the far end of the amusement park. I eventually stopped in front of the familiar structure. I smiled sadly as I looked at it. One very specific memory came to mind.

I am the King of Team Plasma...

I shook my head violently. This was no time to remember...

I was snapped out of my thoughts by a nearby man. He was dressed in what I assumed was the employee uniform here at the amusement park.

"Young lady! How about a breath taking ride on our lovely ferris wheel? It's known as the gem of this amusement park!"

I smiled. "Really?"

"Yes! Many people admire it!"

"I can see why. It's definitely an elegant formula."

He blinked. "Yes. So may I recommend you stand in that line to wait for a turn? You must ride with a second person, if that's ok?"

"Sorry, but I only ride the Ferris wheel with a friend of mine, and he's not currently here."

"Oh, ok then." He then walked away, presumably to draw more people in.

I looked up at the Ferris wheel, and then at the sky. There and then I promised to someday ride the Ferris wheel with him again.

Author's note

And here is the second chapter for today! I really badly wanted to bring Ghetsis into the story properly right now, but for the plot's sake I had to restrain doing so. I seriously can't wait though.

However, Rosa is now in the story! Plus I can promise some battles revolving around her in the next chapter!

So until then, thanks for reading!

Katherine
xxxxxxxxx