Chapter 6

"Welcome, Trainer. You have defeated the Elite Four and now it is time for your final challenge here at Unova's Pokemon League!"

As I said those words, I steeped forward. The trainer, Jason, also stepped forward.

"Show me the bonds between you and your Pokemon!" I said as I took out a pokeball. My Bisharp appeared in the battlefield and prepared itself for the upcoming battle.

"Ok, Darmanitan, let's go!" Jason cried out, launching a superball into the air. Hmm, hoping to counter my Bisharp's metal typing with Darmanitan's fire typing.

"You may have the first move," I said.

"Darmanitan use flame charge!"

"Bisharp dodge," I said.

Jason was surprised when Bisharp did not move at all. However, he just commanded Darmanitan to keep charging. He should have been suspicious.

Just as Darmanitan was about to hit Bisharp, I clicked my fingers. Bisharp jumped up and went behind Darmanitan.

"Use slash!" I shouted. Bisharp launched itself forward and landed the hit on Darmanitan.

I looked over at Jason and saw him looking in wonder at Bisharp. I smiled, remembering my own battle against the previous Champion, Alder.

Of course, before that I had battled the Hero of Ideals.

My smile fades away as I remember my other Champion battle, not the one against Alder, but my very first Champion battle against him.

"Samurott, be strong!" I shouted as N's Klingklang completed a thunderbolt move on my Samurott. Even though badly damaged, Samurott still stood up, ready to continue fighting,

"I can feel it," N said quietly, yet I could still hear him, "I can feel the bond between you and your Pokémon. Your Samurott refuses to give up, and he will always fight alongside you."

I looked over at Samurott with tears in my eyes, "thank you Samurott," I looked up at N, "and yet you still insist that Pokemon are better off without people."

"In most cases they are," he said, looking sadly at me and Samurott, "and so, for every other Pokemon, I must win this battle. Now, Klingklang, use thunderbolt one more time!"

"Samurott, dodge!" I called out, and the battle continued.

"Bi-bisharp!" Bisharp called out to me as Darmanitan used flame-charge again. And once again, I was pulled out from the past.

*************

"No! Sneasel!" Jason looked heartbroken as his last hope fainted. He refused to look at me as he returned Sneasel to its pokeball. He nodded at me and then turned to go.

"Jason," he stopped walking, "you battled well alongside your friends. Don't ever give up on your dream, for one day you will achieve it."

I patted Samurott as I walked past him towards Jason.

His shoulders started to shake a little.

"But as for today," I stepped forward, "be happy about your Pokemon giving it their all for you in battle."

I put my hand on his shoulder. He looked up at me, with tears in his eyes. I gave him a sad smile, and he then took his pokeball out and looked at it. He then took out the remaining five and sadly smiled at them.

"Thank you all for giving your very best. You were incredible."

He then fully turned to face me. "I must get them to the Pokemon center to heal them."

I nodded in understandment.

He walked away without once looking back.

Author's note

(Gulp) hello everyone!

Everyone: so Katherine, begin giving us excuses. I mean we haven't seen you for four months, so you must have some good excuses planned up.

Me: well, err, a dog ate my phone?

Everyone: (silence)

Haha so I'm very sorry about not updating for ages, but I've just not been in the right mind to write a decent chapter. So sorry.

There I said it.

But moving on..... thanks so much! This book has over 300 views now! Thank you!

Thanks for reading!

Katherine
xxxxxxxxx