Love you loads!

Ashley and Michael x

I smiled at the kind words my two best friends had written for me. I didn't feel as nervous as I did before; Ashley had reminded me I could actually have fun during this audition. It seemed like a strange concept, having fun at an audition, but it did help. Because what was the point in doing it if you didn't have fun?

With care, I folded the slip of paper and slipped it into my bag, making sure I didn't tear it. No doubt, when I was waiting around, I would take the paper out and re-read it to keep the inspirational words in my head.

I stepped out of the apartment and locked the door behind me before slipping the keys into my bag. Pineapple Dance Studios wasn't too far from the apartment, so it would be easy to walk there. This would give me time to calm down and it would warm me up, should they spring a last-minute dance routine on me.

I placed my earbuds in my ears and started playing some music. The music alternated between songs from the Moulin Rouge film to my audition song. See, I was even practising on my way to the audition. That was how badly I wanted it.

Pineapple Dance Studios was a formidable building. It was huge, because of all the dance studios involved. There weren't a massive amount of people hanging around, so it wasn't as nerve-wracking as it would be. If it were an open audition, the queue would travel around most of London. So many people would be desperate for a part.

I entered the double doors, and a lady was sitting at a table with a clipboard and pen. I walked forward and told her my name. She then asked for my headshot, which I gave to her, and she gave me a form and a pen to fill in. I was to fill the form in and then hand it to one of the assistants in the audition room.

Someone directed me down the hall where a long corridor met me. Inside the corridor was a spattering of chairs against the walls. Nervous audition attendees sat on each chair, taking deep breaths, trying to compose themselves. At the end of the corridor, there was a door, where I presumed the audition was taking place.

As I had that thought process, the door opened and out walked a woman who had clearly just had her audition. She had a huge smile on her face as she waved goodbye to the casting directors. The smile continued as she walked down the corridor as swept past me and out of the doors.

So, I assumed her audition went well.

They called someone else's name, and they stood up before grabbing their bag and entering the room. I sighed and sat down on one of the plastic chairs.

I couldn't help but feel even more nervous as I saw all the women who were auditioning. They all seemed much older than me (and they still looked youthful) and much more the correct age for Satine. No doubt, they all had much more experience than me. I had only performed in amateur dramatics, college and university productions. So, my inexperience could go against me, and that was what I was so worried about.

My bag fell to the floor with a small thud and I began to fill out my form. When I finished it, I placed the clipboard on the floor and wondered what to do with my time. I knew there was potential that I could be waiting for hours. I then realised that my phone was still on. It wasn't forbidden, but it would not send out a good impression if my phone went off during the middle of my song.

I fetched it from my bag, and I was about to hit the power button, but I realised I had a couple of texts to look at. One of the texts was off my mum, saying that she and my dad wished me all the best for the audition. I quickly typed a reply before checking the other text. The sender of the text surprised me a little. It was from Hunter.