late night conversations

Imagine that Liam and you are laying in bed cuddling. It is late and the lights were off as you were planning on going to sleep. It was silent and then you said, "Liam, when did you start loving me?"

He replies, "As soon as I saw you!"

"Liam! We were 5! Be serious! When did you know you were in love with me?" 

He's silent for a few short moments making you think that he had forgotten.

He breaks the silence, "We for 14. We were down at the beach and I was teaching you how to catch a tube wave. As I pushed the board away, I watched you catch the wave. I saw your beautiful smile, your happiness and I realized that you had been perfect all along and you had been right in front of me! I made it my mission after that to make you realize how I felt about you but you didn't see how into you I was until 2 years later!"

You smiled to yourself and didn't say anything for a while until you started you're story,

"We had just started year 8. During the break, Jason (the guy that bullied you) had asked me out and I had said no. You didn't know this. We rode to school and as we were walking to our class from the bike ramps, Jason shoved me and said, "UGLY FREAK!" You instantly shoved him back and he fell. You said to him, "Don't speak to her that way! Apologize now!" He was so scared and confused that he apologized and ran away. I look up at you and you smiled at me and said, "He's a dickhead!" I knew then and there that I wanted you to protect me every other day after that. I felt so much stronger when you were beside me. And the fact that you were so quick and ready to stand up for me made me feel so happy!" 

He tightened his arms around you slightly and said, "I remember that day! I knew myself that day that i would need to protect you from that creep!" 

You laugh slightly  at how protective his tone is. 

"I love you!" He says after a short silence.

"I love you too!"

He kisses the top of your head and you drift of to sleep with the feeling on him stroking your hair.