Chosen

Emelie's POV:
400 girls. 100 werewolves. 100 witches. 100 vampires. 100 humans. And 5 royals. Queen Liz(I had to), Prince Luke, Prince Calum, Prince Michael, and Prince Ashton. We're all here for Prince Ashton to choose his queen. I guess I should introduce myself. My name is Emelie Jonathan and I'm an 18 year old human slave.

All of the royals were standing on an indoor balcony over looking the ballroom where all 400 chosen girls and 200 Royal guards stood. Out of those 400, I was one. I was the only one not dressed up. While the other girls were dressed up in gowns and high heels swooning over the princes I stood there wearing a dress made of practically rags and beaten up combat boots with my arms crossed over my chest in annoyance. Compared to everyone else I looked like a piece of trash. Queen Liz walked up to the edge of the balcony. "Welcome girls of every species to Prince Ashton's Choosing" she smiled her voice booming through the ballroom. "I will call each of your names and you will step forward so he can see you" she told us. I rolled my eyes. This is stupid. "Melanie Rose of the werewolf species" She called. A skinny girl with huge breast a butt that pokes out strutted up to the front in her pink gown and 6 inch heels. Her blonde hair bounced with every step she took and her blue eyes were locked in the princes. Every werewolf was called and then it was the witches turn. "Abigail Martinez of the witch species" The Queen called. A short girl with a nose ring and vibrant purple hair sauntered to the front. She winked at the princes. All the other witches were called up and then the vampires were called up. "Eleanor Rodgers of the vampire species" Queen Liz called. This girl was tall and pale. Even though werewolves and vampires hate each other they still have to come to this. The girl glared at the princes and showed off her vangs. Finally they called up the humans. I was the last to be called. "Emelie Jonathan of the human species" The Queen called. I pushed through the crowd and went to the front. Whispers filled the whole ballroom. A Slave being chosen to come to the choosing ceremony, yeah that's not normal. A slave having dyed hair, tattoos, and a nose ring also not normal. "Slave" I heard the word being whispered throughout the crowd. I guess my bruises and rags gave it away. Or maybe it was the dirt that covered my entire body or the shackles around my wrist. My master had to bring me here, I can't go anywhere alone. Queen Liz stood there with wide eyes. Prince Luke glared at me in disgust. Prince Calum was frowning. Prince Michael was laughing. And Prince Ashton was just just staring, probably shocked that a slave girl somehow fitted into his category. I smirked up at them. I completely disobeyed slave laws and looked them straight in the eyes. I was supposed to bow my head in submission and show no emotion. I picked up my raggy dress and did a curtesy before turning on my feet and heading back to the back of the crowd.

"The Prince has chosen" Queen Liz announced. Prince Ashton whispered, what I'm guessing was the name of the girl he chose, in her ear. Her eyes widened. "E-Emelie Jonathan-than" The Queen stuttered. My eyes widened and every head turned to look at me with the same wide eyes and dropped jaws at the Royals. I let my face go blank like I didn't care and just stood there. Suddenly two guards were on either side of me. "Come with us" one said. They took each of my arms and pulled me through the crowd. When I got to the front Prince Ashton was standing there waiting. "Hello Princess" he smirked. "I think you're confused, I'm a slave not a princess" I glared. He grabbed my wrist and dragged me to a different room. "Okay Emelie, you're mine now. But, I'm not being crowned King until next month, so we'll send you back home and my guards will pick you up then. You're name is now Emelie Irwin and we are married." He said. "Woah, don't I get a say in this" I asked. He chuckled. "Of course not" he said. I rolled my eyes. "Why'd you choose me" I asked. "Because you weren't swooning over me, you dont like me" he said. "You chose me to become your wife, because I don't like you" I asked giving him a crazy look. Werewolves are weird. "Yep, I like a challenge" he smirked. I rolled my eyes. "It's about time for you to go, but I'll see you next month" he smiled. A guard opened the door. "Her master is here to get her" he said. My eyes widened. Oh no. I'm definitely getting a beating tonight. "Oh yeah you're a slave. Well, you'll be Queen next month so don't worry" Prince Ashton said. My master walked in glaring at me as usual. I dropped my eyes to the ground and lowered my head. "Come on we're late getting home. Say goodbye to the Prince." He ordered me. "Yes Master" I said quietly. "Goodbye your highness" I said bowing my head to Prince Ashton. "Come on you know what'll happen if we're late" Master threatened me. "Yes Master" I said. He grabbed the chain connected to my shackles and started to yank me to his horse and carriage.

Once we got home my family looked at me expectantly looking for a story about what happened at the ceremony. None of them have ever been to the palace. "Come on" Master yelled yanking me to the punishment f room. My mother frowned at me in fear and sympathy.

That night I slept on the cold cement floor of the punishment room. I was to weak to move and to tired to call for help. Sticky red blood was all over me, long whip lashes ran across my back, bruises covered my whole body, and everything hurt. But I didn't cry. This wasn't worth tears, I'm not weak I'm strong. My eyes finally fell closed after I lost a little too much blood.