xiv

Over the last couple of weeks, Nyx had been regaining her memories through dreams and flashbacks. She remembered El Diablo's story, and how her sister inhabited June. She remembered Harley asking her about love and she remembered falling off roof. She didn't remember dying, but she remembered the pain she felt as she died. She remembered her brother trying to help her, and her sister's screams as her siblings died. Their screams followed her out of her dreams and into her day to day life, consuming her. Nyx clawed at her skin and pulled at her hair, trying to find some release from her living nightmare. As soon as she returned to June and Rick's, Nyx begged them to let her go see the only insane person she knew, Harley Quinn.

 As soon as she returned to June and Rick's, Nyx begged them to let her go see the only insane person she knew, Harley Quinn

As Harley put her hair in pigtails, Nyx began to ask her how it felt to be insane. "I just feel like an extended version of me." She replied, sipping her espresso, "Like I have no barriers anymore." She rested her hand on Nyx's shoulder. "It's okay to be crazy. The people, who mind, don't matter and the people, who matter, don't mind." Nyx smiled at the blonde woman, patting her hand. Harley stood up, walking to the coffee machine, the wiring sound filling the room. Suddenly, the deafening sound of an explosion rang out across the room. Nyx ducked under the bed, screaming as the sound awoke old memories. One of the walls broke apart, large chunks of concrete filling the cell. Harley ran to Nyx, wrapping her arms around the girl in an attempt to calm her. People in guard uniforms entered through the hole, shooting the real guards. The cell door swung open, one of the 'guards' walking inside. Nyx, having calmed down a bit, stood up with Harley. The 'guard' reached up, pulling off his goggles and helmet.

 The 'guard' reached up, pulling off his goggles and helmet

Harley gasped as the man revealed himself to be the Joker. Running forward, Harley wrapped her arms around her love. "Puddin'!" She cried, placing a kiss on his cheek. "Hello, honey!" He smiled at the girl, before looking past her. "And who might you be?" He asked, wrapping his arm around his queen. "Nyx," She stuck her hand out to him, "Pleasure to make your acquaintance. I've heard so much about you!" He shook her hand before turning to Harley. "Let's go," he said and led her away from the cell. "Wait!" Nyx cried out. The pair turned back, "Can I ask you a question, Mistah J?" She asked using Harley's name for the Joker. He ignored the small growl that came from Harley, walking towards, what he assumed was a young girl. "Yes?" He asked impatiently. "Do you deal with voices in your head?" Nyx tapped her temple, before doing the same to him, giggling. The Joker smiled coldly at her, before saying yes again, this time, more suspiciously. "How do you deal with it?" Nyx asked in a small voice, flicking her wrist as her therapist told her to when she heard the voices. "Puddin', we've got to go!" Harley said as she heard approaching footprints. "Come with us, and I'll show you." The Joker whispered to Nyx, before leaving out of the hole with Harley. Nyx thought for a moment, before laughing and running after the pair. After all, what better advice would you get about going insane but from an insane person themselves?

 After all, what better advice would you get about going insane but from an insane person themselves?