Chosen One

Somewhere else in a small town far from the old palace, a blue hedgehog was sitting on his bed; he seemed angry.

"Man, Sally made me spend all my money on buying stuff for her! Now I'm almost poor" he said to himself and threw the picture frame of Sally at the wall and it got ruined. He calms himself down and goes to the window. At least Sally did dump him since she got bored of him and that she was only using him to get what she wants.

"Maybe I should run to clear my head" he said.

"Hey, Sonic" the young yellow fox walks into his room to see his blue friend.

"Hi Tails" Sonic said.

"How is it going for you after you and Sally broke up?" Tails asked, sitting next to him.

"Not very well. I need to do something to wipe her out of my head" Sonic said with a groan, hiding his face into his palms. Tails knew how he felt and thinks of something for a moment.

"Maybe we should have a trip to the old palace where Mephiles lived 1865" Tails suggested.

"Uhhh....why?" Sonic asked curiously.

"It may be interesting to look around the place, no one lives there anymore" Tails said. Sonic was unsure for a second but then agreed by a handshake.

They went to the tornado airplane and flew to the palace since it was very far away from where they lived.

The wind blows through the palace and they landed nearby it. They walked to the entrance and the doors were shut together.

"Alright Sonic, all we are gonna do is have a look inside and your thoughts of Sally is gone" Tails.

"Hope I find a magic potion that erases memories of trauma" Sonic joked.

"Hehehe, funny" Tails snickered as they got in. It was a long stair steps that leads up to the abandoned palace. The boys walked up the stairs and pushed the doors to enter inside.

"You don't suppose it's haunted?" Sonic asked.

"Nope. From what I heard in the history that Mephiles' son ran away. He hated his father for capturing girls to make them slaves" Tails said.

"Oh my god. He's really a big, selfish and greedy monster. But he's gone forever now?" Sonic asked.

"Yup, he's imprisoned in the..." Tails was cut off with the door closing behind them. It was suddenly dark.

"I got a flashlight" Sonic said and turned it on, he saw that the door was closed shut again.

"Ah it's just the door that just closed. We'll open it later after we look around in here" Tails said. They continued to walk through the palace and saw some statues of Mephiles.

"Selfish bastard" Sonic mutters under his breath.

"Definitely. He had concubines do all the work in the palace. Rumors say that there was one girl that disobeyed him horribly. Some say she died while the others said that she disappeared" Tails said.

"Disappeared?" Sonic said.

"Maybe, I don't know how" Tails shrugs.

They came into a chamber to see if there's anything interesting. It was not very much to find but they found some golden coins that they took and found a torn picture of Mephiles slashed, presumably by a blade.

"It looks like someone has been here before us" Sonic said.

"Yeah. Hey Sonic, come and see this" Tails called for him and he got to him to find the old bed where a bracelet with a gem laid on a pillow.