Isabella stood behind him also worried. “Nightmare.” I said quietly. Ethan’s face fell and his eyes softened. “Their coming back?” he asked as he and Isabella sat on each side of me.

I shook my head. He gave me a quick hug, telling me it was ok. I nodded my head while he went to make all of us hot chocolate since I didn’t have much of an appetite for any solid food. I talked to Isabella a little until Ethan came. We all talked about pleasant things until Ethan had to go to work. He was so close to finishing college and he’d get a job as an engineer.

I got up and took a quick shower. My wolf longed for my mate’s presence, his touch, his voice. I ignored that aching feeling away, slipped on a pink Victoria’s Secret sweater along with black skinny jeans and my black Vanz. I brushed my long brown hair that matched my olive skin and tied it into a high pony tail before making myself a sandwich. It was about 12:00 now and Isabella said she was going out to go get a dress for the party. “Didn’t you already get one?” I asked her. I remember her talking about the dress she had gotten and how the shoes matched perfectly, along with the jewelry. “I… I don’t think it’s a suitable dress for the type of party were going to.” She said focusing on her brown boots.

“Oh… k.” I said. I knew she was keeping something from me, but I was really not in the mood to discuss it, let alone to talk even.

Once we got home from the mall, Isabella got a beautiful blue dress. It was light blue from the top, but as it got to the bottom it started to get darker, contrasting with her beautiful pale skin and her black hair. It flowed down to her mid thigh and was strapless. It gave her an innocent look and wasn’t skanky at all. The dress also matched her baby blue eyes. Overall, I think Isabella would look amazing in the dress.

In the late afternoon, Ethan came home while Isabella started to curl her hair. I helped her gel it and applied the makeup for her. She was about to slip on the dress when she turned and said, “Can you pretty, pretty please with sugar on top, just check out the party and meet the packs that are coming? This is huge, and your mate is going to be the alpha when his dad steps down. You’re like, a future alpha female! You need to go! I even saved the outfit I was going to wear for you. I thought it would look much, much better on you. Could you please consider on going?” she blurted out, breathless when she was done.

“Isabella, I-“ I started off, but she cut me off and squealed before gripping my wrist and running to her room to get the outfit with me tagging along.

She shuffled through the hangers in the closet and finally pulled out the dress. The dress was strapless and stopped right below my knees. It had a cream background along with soft red, blue and purple flowers. Isabella pulled out black heels that had 2 straps for them. I bit my lip. The outfit was adorable! I already adored it!

“I knew it would look gorgeous on you! Now go put it on, we still need to do your makeup and hair.” She said as she shoved me into the bathroom with the dress in my hands. I sighed as I slipped out of my clothes and put the dress on carefully. I don’t know how Isabella expected me to wear such a summery dress in the middle of winter. I would surely freeze to death.

“Um, Isabella? How do you expect me to wear this when it’s freezing out?” I asked as I walked out of the bathroom.

She gasped. “It looks amazing on you! And you just have to wear a coat on top. Just take it off when we get to the party.” She said matter-of-factly.

“Why didn’t I think of that?” I mumbled before letting Isabella lightly apply makeup on my face and style my hair.

Once she was done helping me get ready, I finally got to glance at myself in the mirror. My makeup was lightly applied. My cheeks were light pink, making my cheekbones appear higher. My lips were painted in a light pink color that gave my face an innocent and beautiful look. My hair had a wavy effect with it, and my side bangs were loosely curled and hung pleasantly at the side of my face. The rest of my coffee colored hair was in a loose bun. Lastly, Isabella gave me a gold twisted headband.