Prologue

Well, Hello! I'm Lee Hana. I'm officially 20 years old this year and I'm a university student majoring in architecture. I live alone, but I'm not poor that I still can afford my tuition fees and this apartment rental costs. Proudly, I have to say that I have jobs here and there to help me survive even without my family's support.

I work as a photographer for a teen fashion magazine every weekend, because frankly speaking, I like both photography and fashion. Unfortunately, I'm not that fashionable anymore, because I believe spending on fashion will just end up wasting my money. Therefore, right now, I decide that I will only love photography because I literally earn from it.

Believe it or not, I also work as a chef in an Italian restaurant every evening. It turns out that I am fortunate enough to master some basic skills in cooking Italian foods. That is thanks to my rich parents who have allowed me to visit Italia in the last summer holiday.

Then of course, true to my professional passion, I also work as an architect, a freelancer handling some construction projects in this downtown, Seoul. Fortunately, I have this so-called team, club, organization or whatever you tend to call it, in my university, where some students gather with the alumni to work on various construction projects. Actually, the project I usually work on is not the one conducted in a big scale, but that doesn't really matter to me. Anyway, I'm still a student. Later, when I have graduated, I'm sure I'll catch the big one.

I'm tired, and believe me everyday I feel that kind of feeling. But then, what can I do about it? If I want to survive, having money in hand is a must. I do still have a family, and I have said that they are indeed rich but that doesn't mean anything to me. Perhaps, I don't mean anything to them either.

Confused with what I'm rambling about? Well, truthfully, I left my own sweet home and family two months ago. Curious why? I bet you do. So, I guess I have to tell you anyway.

First off, I think I need to say sorry if the story of why I left home back then is boring, childish, or whatever you name it. Even so, I have to be honest that I am so glad that I could do that.

It was all started that evening when my parents invited a family to have dinner together in our home.

.

Flashback on

"Hana, this is Kim family," said my father. Though I was confused about what was going on, I greeted the three people who were sitting in front of me with a stiff smile and a bow.

"I am Lee Hana. It's a pleasure to meet you all." That's what I said. Wow! Surprisingly, I could act so formal at this moment. Really, formality was never my style.

"You're so beautiful, dear. I really want to be your mother-in-law soon." Mrs.Kim said happily with a super positive vibe, which in contrast transferred a negative electric shock to my entire body and soul. What's with the "mother-in-law" thingy? That didn't sound so good. I knew where the talk in this dining room will be led to in the end, and I swear I would hate it all so much. Well, yeah I was a girl and I was supposed to get married to a guy, but I didn't think this kind of arranged marriage was the right choice for me right now. I had never even experienced how the real love feels like, and now what? I was going to get married this soon? Just what came to their mind? I meant, to those adults here.

"Yeah, sooner would be better Mrs. Kim. Hana is my only daughter and I think I've already wanted to see her being happy next to a great person like your son. You know, I'm so worried to see her being single all the time."

Dang it! My mother didn't need to say that, I swore!

"So, who is this nice guy here, Mr. Kim?" Well, my father was likely about to worsen everything by raising that question.

"This is our son Kim Junmyeon, and he...."

I didn't want to stay any longer. I had enough with all of this nonsense!

"Um, I'm really sorry, I think I've got a problem with my stomach. I need to go to my room. Please continue enjoying the dinner."

I hurriedly went to my bedroom and locked the door immediately. I thought so hard about how to cancel the engagement. Honestly, the guy named Kim Joonmyeon there looked nice. He was calm and he looked mature. He was definitely a husband material, anyway. But I didn't even think I would ever want to be his wife. I didn't even know him. Even if I tried to know all about him, would I fall for him? I was not so sure about that.

When I was in my very deep thought, I heard a sudden knock on my door. I was so sure that was my mother and father who did so, and I supposed that they will bring up the engagement thing again by coming here. Well, eventually I opened the door and my prediction was soon proven exactly right.

"Hana, is everything alright? Are you feeling better?" Asked my mom with her worried expression.

"Yeah. Don't worry, mom." I managed to show a small smile.

"So, as you have heard just now, you're going to be engaged with Kim family's son. Are you ready for that, Hana?" Here went my father.

"I'm sorry dad, but I have to say NO to this." I stated firmly.

"Hana, why are you being like this? You've never refused anything, before." My mother was surprised to my sudden change. Actually, I was an obedient daughter all this time, because I loved my family so much. But, I never saw this engagement plan coming and surely, I felt betrayed by my own parents by bringing this up out of the blue. They didn't tell me anything about the engagement before. They didn't even confirm whether I would be happy with this plan or not, and that was exactly where they were wrong.

"Hana, we just try to give you a guaranteed future. We'll give you some time to think about it." My father looked so disappointed and left my room with my mother following behind him.

The door was then closed, and I was left muttering to myself.

"I'm sorry, mom, dad. I want to decide things for my future on my own. I'll make sure to make you two proud of me, someday."

So, the next day, early in the morning before anyone woke up, I left home without a word.

Flashback off

.

.

A.N:

So that's the prologue, let's check out how Hana met her Mr. Black in the first chapter :D