'The Innocent'

W

e reached the bridge but Mike hit the brakes so hard that Stan almost fell out of the side car.
''What are you doing man? I hurt my knee.'' Shouted Stan.
''I can't go there now please don't make me .'' Said Mike.
''I told you to stay...'' Stan was saying but Mike interrupted.

''You just shut up or I'll kick you in the face.'' Yelled Mike very angry.
''If you aren't feeling well about it Mike go back I'll call you when we're done here.'' I said and mike started up the bike and went back without another word.
Stan and I took a deep breath and started to walk towards the bridge. We didn't have to cross it this time coz we were already on the side where that man's hut was.

''When did you meet him Zach? I mean for how long have you been friends with Mike.?''
''I don't remember we're almost childhood friends but why are you asking this?'' I said.
''No I just thought if he left you alone in a situation like this how can you be this much good friends.''
I glared at him and said.

''I understand what you want to say but dear boy" there was a smile on my face while I said this "friendship is not to expect your friend to be with you whenever you need him but you also ought to understand the obligations he can have not to come and I do understand it, Mike is really very scared right now.''

''That's not enough for a reason Zach we're also scared.''
''Look Stan you can't ever brain wash me against Mike so leave it.''
''No no I don't wanna do that man! I'm just saying.'' Said Stan
''Let me tell you one thing Stan and I hope you understand it,
Mike is the only man in his family, he's got two sisters and mom his father left them when he was very young and I'm sure he's scared because of them he's worried about what his family will do if anything happens to him.''
Stan remained silent for several seconds and said.

''I didn't know that.'' Sadly.
''I'm less scared because I have a big brother and totally fit parents with jobs and yet they're away and I think you should be scared too may be more than Mike.'' I said.
''Yeah I know coz I have a sister all alone in the apartment.'' ''Holy Jesus!'' He screamed. ''I wanna go back to Christy I'm not coming. Shit!''
He stopped, turned and began to run but stopped again and said.